CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER ONE

All my meetings were done by five. I started leaving my workplace to attend my last meeting for the day. It is unusual for me to leave the place this early, I usually go home around nine or ten in the evening and I don't really entertain dinner meetings though I do it occasionally. When I say occasionally I mean once a year. Richard said this is a big account, a reason why he sent me to meet this person and close the deal with him.

Richard is the owner of the private company that I am working for. He's earning millions every year and he does give me a good compensation. He's thinking of expanding across countries and this account is the key for that, the company will be lending him a billion dollar without collateral, great pressure on my head right?

I let the valet do the parking; I'm fifteen minutes early for the meeting, the meeting starts at six thirty. What was his name again? Mr. Eisenhower. Right. Mr. Eisenhower.

I get inside Shangri La Hotel and walked straight to the restaurant. I have no idea what the man looks like, but I guess I can recognize him; this is a business meeting, so I'm expecting to meet around five to ten men to discuss the deal.

"Good evening ma'am" the petite woman greeted, the nameplate says her name-Liz.

"Reservations for Mr. Eisenhower" I snapped.  I'm a snob, heartless and cruel lady. With my two years of stay in the office I barely talk to the employees, but I often talk with one, Lisa, my secretary.

I am not on my forties, actually I am on my late twenties, twenty seven to be exact, no boyfriend nor fiancé nor husband and at this age I've been the Vice President for Marketing Department. Richard promised to give me thirty percent raise and if this business goes internationally I'll be the head of the Marketing Department plus additional benefits that I want.

"Here's your seat ma'am" Liz said, standing beside the table. "Two chairs?"

"Yes ma'am. Mr. Eisenhower only reserved two chairs" I think I have intimidated her.

Before I take my sit I removed my corporate blazer and flaunt my emerald green long sleeved dress that is few inches above my knees. This dress emphasizes my curves, I admit it, I do have a Victoria Secret body but with C cups which is an asset I think. Right after I sit, I then I told Liz to leave me alone...in a nice way.

"Sorry, I didn't know you'll arrive earlier than the agreed time" I looked up to see who was it...and it shocked me. A foreign man with a pair of chocolate brown eyes staring at me, his well-trimmed hair has the same color as his eyes. He looks manly with his corporate suit that shows his well formed body and I guess well formed muscles underneath, he has a natural reddish lips and a perfect Adonis...I mean...a manly face.

He takes his seat but never did break his eyes on me, and then I realized I was staring for long. I didn't even offer to shake his hand.

"I'm Kathy Humphrey from Prestige Real Estate Corporation" I stand and offered a hand on him. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Eisenhower"

He took my hand and firmly held it. "Jeanne" he said. "Call me Jeanne" his hot voice...No...what I was about to say was he has a strong European accent.

I nodded. "Jeanne Eisenhower" I said. I shoot an eye on him. "Your name sounds familiar"

I think of it for a moment. Where did I hear his name? Hmm. I think I really heard it elsewhere. He was about to say something when I said "Maybe in some business columns I have read before"

He shrugged and answered "Maybe"

"You mind if we talk business first before eating?" I asked.

"I don't" he smiled showing his perfect Colgate white teeth. I opened my bag to pull out my Macbook Air, I don't come unprepared for the meetings and I made sure he will accept our offer. I presented a little background about Prestige Industries, that it has been run for fifty years now and of course I showed him the financials of the entity. On the last part of the presentation I showed him the expansion plan of Prestige, and the three continents where we plan to expand-America, Australia and another country in Asia.