Seventeen

Alessandro POV

Loyalty. That's one thing Paolo clearly knows nothing about. In his mind, I betrayed his sister. But Lia and I never actually dated. And we were officially not together.

But where he gets loyalty mixed up is with family ties. My family is loyal to each other. And we are loyal to our gang. Unlike him and his family, we don't betray the family. Traitors are taken out, that's simply the rules.

Paolo is also a fucking idiot. He has no actual plan and just uses cheap tricks and pathetic intimidation to try to get my father and I to betray each other. We remain silent. This of course, pisses Paolo off to the max.

"What I really don't understand, is how you Umberto, can put your own wife in danger for some girl." Paolo grins at my father.

My father just looks at him, "She's not just some girl. She's the girl my son loves. If I betray her, I betray my son. And my son means more to me than anything. Yes, including my wife."

Paolo growls "How sweet, the bond between parent and child. Lia wanted to be a mother you know. For you, you piece of shit." He practically spits at me.

My mind goes to Angelise, she must be worried sick. I hope someone is taking good care of her. She should be five months along now. I don't plan on spending these next four months here.

" A mother should have maternal instincts. Lia killed my child. Whether she knew it or not my angel had a miscarriage because of her. And that's murder. And you and I both know that murder in the circle is a big no no. It's the rules Paolo." I shrug

"I don't give a fuck! You killed my sister. You took away the only family I had left! Do you really think I care about these stupid rules?!" He says and I flinch as some spit flies from his mouth. Disgusting. He turns and leaves the room swiftly, leaving my father and I alone.

I sigh "Pa, I'm sorry. I never meant to involve you and mom." I look over to him.

He shakes his head "We're your parents. Everything you do involves us. It's our job to keep you safe. Even if you are grown and independent. And I wasn't bluffing when I said you're the most important thing to me. You're my only child, my pride and Joy Alessandro. And I want you to continue on with your life happily."

I smile "Thanks Pa, now lets get the hell out of here." I say letting the ropes around my hand fall loose. Experimenting with Angelise has taught me a few useful things.