Chapter 8 - Michael's Suspicions

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong with Gryffindor?" Carson asks loudly.

I sigh. Here we go. I shake my head. "Nothing."

"Alright, well then say you like Gryffindor too." He walks so close to my other side our arms touch.

I step away and roll my eyes. "You Gryffindors are way too cocky for all that."

"It ain't cocky if you can back it up," he walks backwards and flexes his muscles.

Axel forgive me. I'd be lying if I wasn't staring. Half the people in this hallway are staring. I'm drooling. Pull yourself together Mia. Axel has the same body.

But it's not on display right before my very eyes.

Carson nods, rolling his shoulders out again. "I know."

I give him a dirty look. My face burns.

Aiden shoves him out of his current position. "Pull yourself together."

We get to the commons and I see Michael standing to the side. The largest mob of people is crowded around every lunch line like some Walking Dead herd of zombies. Boy, these people better be hungry.

I waste no time trying to get away from the brothers, ie Carson. I walk towards Michael ready to go.

Carson gets in my way. "Hey, where are you going?"

I cock my head hack. "To my brother. Is that alright with you?"

"No," he says plainly.

Excuse me? I narrow my eyes. "I don't need your permission."

He looks honestly confused. "But you asked for it, so...?"

I nearly attack him.

"Come on. It's her brother," Axel says.

"And we're her—" Carson starts.

Aiden cuts him off. "If you'd actually like to eat anytime soon," he looks at me. "You should stay here. With us."

I look right at Carson and say, "Then I'll starve."

Carson marches right up to me. Heads turn, but I don't back down. This man is out of control, and I'm about to tell him about himself. I've had it up to here. He's being rude to Axel, his brother, too by coming after me. Whether he has good intentions or not, it's just really tacky.

He leans down to my level. "Why are you trying to fight me?"

"Who's trying to fight you though?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Is that another trick question?"

My eyes widen.

"Mia," Michael jogs up to us. He gets in between Carson and I. "What's going on?"

Carson glares. I glare right back at him. We say in unison, "Nothing."

I storm off. I have nothing good to say, so I keep my mouth shut. Michael, hesitantly, follows.

I hear Carson growl behind me, rather loudly, "What's up with her and Coach Kenet with these mind games?"

"Have you ever considered that your personality is obnoxious?" Aiden asks.

Michael leads me to a table and sits me down. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, like I said." I huff and sink into my seat.

"But—"

I shake my head. "An issue with a group project."

"Are you sure?" he looks into my eyes.