Chapter Four: Father And Son...ish

OKAY SO I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE A WEEK BUT I HAVE AN EXPLANATION

so what happened is i was busy all throughout the week

friday i had a dance at my school

no

i did not have a date

and then when i got home on friday i didn't have wifi

and i only have free time now

at 1 in the morning

while my friend is sleeping

i'm tired

but i will get a chapter out

because i love all you precious lil beans

timeskip.

          Roman's POV

     I sat at the counter, talking with Patton while he made cookies. These weren't just regular cookies, though. These were his famous triple chip cookies. He took white, milk, and dark chocolate chips and mixed them with cookie dough, most of which we didn't know how to make.

     He popped the tray into the preheated oven and set the timer. He continued our conversation, most of which was about relationships. "You two are the absolute cutest thing! Virgil clings to you like a lost kitten and you're just always there for him, even when you're mad at him, though you can't stay that at him forever! You two are just so perfect and cute and adorable and, ah, I hope you marry each other--" Patton slapped a hand over his mouth, almost as if he was shocked at what he said.

     I've always thought about it, I mean, we love each other more than anything. I just feel like he wouldn't accept it. He's had trust issues, and he has them for a good reason. He's scared of getting hurt.

     He trusts us, don't get me wrong, he just sets boundaries for himself. He's careful. I wouldn't break his heart, not ever.

     "Kiddo?" Patton asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, um, I-I'm fine..." I stuttered. Convincing. "Liar." Patton said, crossing his arms and leaning on the counter. "What's up?" "I just...it's just me over thinking, as usual." I muttered. "Look, I-I didn't mean to say what I did. I know that's a lot of commitment and...my dad senses kicked in." He said.

     "It just makes me happy thinking about my lil' guy getting married one day. Then again, a lot of parents feel that way..." He looked off, smiling softly. "I didn't mind that you said it, Patton. I was just a little...shocked." I said. "I've actually thought about it myself."

     He looked at me with wide and excited eyes. "R-Really?!" He squealed. He cleared his throat before continuing, "I-I mean...really?" I chuckled softly. "Well, yes, of course I've thought of it. I...I actually want to propose one day..."

     Patton squealed with delight. "You two will be the perfect two! Ah, I have to go, I can't--Logan wants to--Ahhhh!" He rushed into his room, clearly far too excited at what I told him.

     I can just picture it, the secret garden, flushed with white, purple, and black roses. A nice arch flowered with roses and lined with sliver. Benches with imprinted designs around the rim. God, I will look good in a suit. And Virgil, he'll--

     God, he'll look stunning. He'll look beautiful either way. I love him so much. I love him enough to make this decision. I just need him to agree with i--

     "Hey, Ro." Virgil said from behind, startling me. He sat down next to me at the counter, sipping a glass of Gatorade. "Hi, dear." I said, pecking him softly on the cheek. He softly glanced over at me, curiosity in his eyes.

     He shot me a soft smile before standing up. Curious, I shot him a confused glance. He sat down in my lap, wrapping his arms around my neck. "I love you..." He muttered, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

     It was rare that Virgil showed these random displays of affection, but it meant the world to me every time he did. I softly pressed a kiss to the top of his head. "I love you too, Virge. I always have and always will." I said, gently placing a kiss on his cheek.

     He pressed a quick kiss to my lips. I pulled him for another one, this lasting much longer than the previous. He pulled away, breathless, looking at me with love filled eyes. I softly placed a kiss on his neck, earning a content sigh from him.

     "Oh, I know those eyes," He said, looking at me suspiciously. "You've been thinking, haven't you?" "Hmm, perhaps." I said, shooting him a smirk. "What about?" He asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

     "Oh, you know, just the usual. Different things that come and go through my mind." I said, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. I softly wrapped my hands around his hips, pulling him closer to me. "Well, okay. I know you wouldn't lie, Ro." He said, smiling at me once more.

    I smiled back and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Virgil nuzzled in the crook of my neck, sighing softly. "I love you." He said, wrapping his arms around my hips, and pulling himself closer. "I love you more." I said.

    I smiled once more and pressed a kiss to the top of his head. He pulled his head away as he let out a soft yawn. "Tired, sleeping beauty?" I asked, lifting my hand and softly brushing his bangs out of his eyes.

     He nodded softly and yawned once more. "Did you stay up all night again?" I asked. He nodded once more. "Virgil..." I said, exaggerating his name like Patton would when he would stay up all night. "I couldn't sleep well. You know I don't sleep well without you." He whined.

    "Then why didn't you come into my room?" I asked. "Well, you were asleep! I didn't want to risk waking you up!" He argued. I sighed, "Well, come on." I said, gently lifting him up and setting him on the counter. He hopped off as I stood up. "You're lucky that I'm tired." I said dramatically. "Oh, I'm always lucky when I'm with you..."

now wasn't this just cute?