Chapter One: Mornings

Anxiety jolted awake, breathing heavy and sporadic. Roman jumped from his seat and practically sprinted to the bed. He sat down next to Virgil, scooping him up in his arms and holding them tight.

      Virgil clung to Roman tightly, burying his face in his chest and holding back tears. Roman softly whispered to him, and ran his fingers through his hair. It was something that comforted Virgil, panicked or not.

     Once he was finally calm enough, Virgil looked up at Roman. Roman softly kissed the top of Virgil's head. Virgil sighed and nuzzled close to Roman. He sniffled once before one of them finally spoke.

     "Nightmare, kitten?" Roman asked softly. Virgil only nodded, and buried his face deeper in his chest. "Would you like to talk about it?" Roman asked. Virgil shook his head. "Would you like a distraction?" Roman asked. He knew it would only be best to ask three questions. Nothing more. Nothing less.

     "P....Please...." Virgil mumbled. Roman got used to his low volume. He knew he wouldn't talk louder, so he just comforted him. No words.

     "Hmm, maybe you could help me work on ideas? You don't have to," Roman gently took Virgil's hand. "only if you need a distraction." Virgil hugged him tighter and nodded.

     Roman stood up and gently took Virgil by the hand. He pulled up another chair next to the desk and sat down. Virgil was still wrapped up in a blanket, and leaning on Roman.

     They talked forever, brewing up random ideas and drinking coffee every five minutes. They fell asleep in each other's grasp, happy and exhausted.

     Logan slowly opened his eyes, and slammed his hand on his alarm. It was one of those days where he was exhausted, and just couldn't get out of bed.

     Logan looked over next to him, finding Patton fast asleep. It was rare to find him still asleep, so he just sighed contently and finally stood himself up. He went through his normal routine and left Patton asleep, leaving the door slightly cracked open.

     Logan slowly made his way out to the kitchen and turned on the coffee pot. He made some toast while he waited for his coffee to brew. He grabbed a mug from the cabinets and sat down at the counter, taking in the morning sunlight.

     The soft ding of the coffee machine broke him from his thoughts. He stood himself up and poured himself a cup. He sat himself back down and took a bite of his toast, which was completely smothered with Crofters.

     He picked up a book from the counter and began reading. He heard soft footsteps coming towards the kitchen. He put a bookmark in his book and set it down next to him.

      "Greetings, nerd." Roman said, sitting next to him. "Salutations, half wit." Logan said. Roman took a piece of Logan's toast, earning an almost glare from the host of the toast.

     "Thanks." Roman said, taking a bite of the toast and giving Logan a sly smirk. Logan only glared. He grabbed a piece of toast and sat in the comfortable silence, with the occasional soft crunch of the toast.

     "So," Logan paused to finish his toast. "How was your little 'brainstorming session' last night?" "Oh, it was fine until about two. Virgil had a nightmare..." Roman mumbled. "Did he describe what his dream was about?" Logan asked. "No, he didn't want to. I can't force him to, but I always ask. Anyways, after that, we came up with a few ideas together. I quite like them." Roman said.

     "Oh, well that's good." Logan mumbled. "How much sleep did you get?" "Around three or four hours..." Roman muttered. "You know you need at least seven hours at sleep for optimum performance." Logan stated. "I know, I know, but I woke up at this hour, and I'll go back to sleep whenever I feel like." Roman said.

     "Well-" Logan was cut off by hurried footsteps rushing towards the two. Patton stopped near Logan and sat on his lap. "Lo, why didn't you wake me?! It's eight thirty, I was supposed to be up by seven!" Patton whined.

     "You don't get enough sleep, you know. I was just bothering Roman about it." Logan said. "Ugh, whatever, I have to get breakfast started." Patton grabbed the empty plate and climbed off Logan.

     He set the dish in the sink and got out things, who knows what they were. He turned back to them. "Gimme ten minutes, breakfast will be ready then. Why don't you two go wake Virgil soon?" Patton said.

     "Of course. Be right back, Einstein." Roman said, standing himself up and heading back to Virgil's room. Roman soon went back to his room where Virgil had resided. Roman and Virgil were cuddling the night before, and Roman did have work to do. He couldn't take Virgil back to his room, it would wake him, so he was left there.

     Roman softly opened the door and left it cracked open. He sat next to Virgil on the bed, and looked at him sweetly. Roman knew that waking Virgil wouldn't be the best idea, knowing as Virgil hadn't slept well, but he knew that he would most likely be hungry.

     Roman lied down next to Virgil, softly pecking him on the cheek. He softly pecked him on the top of his head and then once on the tip of his nose. He pecked him on his other cheek and then once on the lips. It was only then that Virgil began to stir.

     He mumbled incoherent words and fell back asleep. Virgil softly nuzzled closer to Roman. "This is oddly counter-productive..." Roman mumbled to himself. Virgil slowly opened his eyes, and gazed up at Roman.

     He softly pecked him on the lips. "Morning..." He mumbled. "Good morning, sweetie." Roman said. "God, again with the pet names..." Virgil chuckled. Roman softly giggled and pecked him on the cheek. "But, good morning."

heYO

well i had so much fun writing this

did you have fun reading it?

huh?

well

um

heh

c'ya