14. I Miss You

I haven't talked to or seen Eddie in almost a month.

It's been absolute torture.

I dream about him almost every night. I just miss him. In my dreams we do the things we always did, we ride our bikes around town, hang out in my room while listening to music or even just going to the pharmacy to pick up his meds. If it wasn't for Beverly being at my side i'd probably have gone crazy.

I lied on my bed in my room. In silence. Usually I would put on music or even the tv to just have background noises but for some reason I like only being able to hear my breathing. It's calming in one of the weirdest ways possible. I looked over to the picture of my parents on the nightstand and sighed. They always knew what to say.

I was snapped out of my trance by the front door to my house opening and hearing people walk in, rather loudly.

"Jocelyn!" Dylan yelled as I hesitantly got up from the comfort of my bed.

"Yes?" I asked, walking into the living room. He was with Tyler and Abraham, they were probably having a 'guys night'.

"I have some bad news" He winced.

"What is it?" I nervously asked.

"Tía Lorena and cousin Monique are coming over tomorrow night" He explained.

"NOOO!" I yelled, of course I loved them but they were really annoying.

"Sorry but they're family y'know?"

"How long?"

"Only two days..."

"Ughhhh" I whined.

"What's so bad about them?" Abraham asked.

"They have no sense of personal space and are always getting into people's business" I explained.

"Can I at least invite Bev over tonight?" I pleaded and he nodded in agreement.

I smiled excitedly and ran towards the phone, dialing Bev's number.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight!" I yelled excitedly as she gasped.

"Of course! My dad is already asleep so I'll be right over!" She yelled, hanging up.

Not even five minutes later Bev was knocking on the door. I rushed to the door and let her in, dragging her towards my room. We both jumped on my bed and sighed.

"So...have you talked to Eddie?" She asked.

"Unfortunately no....I miss him. Have you talked to Bill?"

"A little bit...but not as much as I would like to" She explained.

"This sucks" I sighed.

"Yeah it does, but at least we have each other" She smiled.

"Promise you'll never leave me. You're my best friend Bev, I need you"

"Only if you promise to never leave me" She said, raising her pinky up.

"I wouldn't dream of it" I smiled, wrapping my pinky around hers.

______________________________________

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." Dylan frantically said as we rushed around the house, trying to make it perfect.

"You guys. Calm down, it's just your family" Hilarry laughed.

"You should be freaking out. They're your family too" I said, pointing at her.

"Woah, we're not married" Dylan defended.

"Yet..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Nothing. Oh god. They're here" I said, hearing a knock at the door. I opened the door and were met with the sight of my tía and cousin.

"Hey!" My tía yelled, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Monique" I smiled, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey Joc" She smiled.

"Tía, Monique. This is my girlfriend Hilarry" Dylan introduced.

"Oh hi! I've been looking forward to meeting you! Dylan's always talking about you!" My tía said, making Hilarry laugh.

______________________________________

"Ooh, he's cute" Monique said, pointing to Bill in a picture that I had of me and my friends.

"Well he's madly on love with Bev so.." I chuckled.

"Why does this kid have his arm around you? Is he your boyfriend?"

"Well yeah, but it's kind of confusing right now. I haven't talked to or seen him in a while" I sighed

"Just break up with him. He probably doesn't like you" She bluntly said making my breath hitch.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, if he really liked you he would try to talk to you right?" Monique asked as I sighed.

"I guess...but he isn't like that. He's different" I said, making her roll her eyes.

"That's what everyone always thinks. All boys are the same. It's only a matter of time before he either breaks up with you or cheats on you" She flatly said.

"Oh"

"Well im super fucking tired so im gonna go to bed" She said, crawling under the covers.

"Oh okay well, goodnight" I said walking out of my room.

"Is Monique going to bed?" My tía asked making me nod. "I guess I should go to sleep too. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Goodnight" She said, walking past me into my room. We decided that the two of them would sleep in my room while Dylan and I slept in his.

Dylan gestured towards his room and I rubbed my eyes and nodded. I plopped onto his bed with a sigh.

"What's going on with Eddie?" He asked.

"Last time we hung out he broke his arm and his mom freaked and forbid him from hanging out with any of us" I explained as he nodded slowly.

"Don't worry. You'll see him soon. I know it" He smiled.

"I sure hope so"

______________________________________

"What are we gonna do today?" Monique asked as I shrugged.

"We're probably gonna go get something to eat and just see where the day takes us" My tía explained.
I nodded and heard a knock at the door. I went to open it and was met with a familiar face. It was Eddie.

"Eds?" I asked.

"Can we talk?" He asked as I shut the door behind me.

"I missed you alot" I sighed, tears welling in my eyes.

"Don't cry. I missed you too" He said, pulling me into a hug. "Fuck. I missed you" He said, hugging me tighter than before.

"Where have you been?"

"My mom's had me on house arrest and she won't even let me use the phone. I'm so so sorry"

"It's fine Eds. Im just happy I get to see you" I pulled him into a kiss which he gladly received.

"I really really missed you" He sighed.

"I really really missed you too" I laughed, holding his face in my hands. "Im sorry but this isn't exactly the best time" I shook my head.

"Why not?"

"HEY JOCELYN! IS THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND?!" Monique yelled from the top of the stairs.

"Fuck" I muttered.