03. The Walls Won't Stop Moving

I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch with my brother. He looked anxious, like he had something to say but couldn't.

"What's troubling you?" I asked.

"My friends are leaving to Vegas tomorrow for three days and I want to go but I can't just leave you".

"Yes you can"

"I've never left you home alone for more than a day"

"You deserve a break. I'll be fine. But how will you even afford it?"

"They really want me to go, so they're gonna pay for me"

"Dude! That's awesome. You need to go"

"Are you gonna be ok?"

"Yes. Im a big girl, I can take care of myself"

"I know you can but-it's just that you haven't really been alone since...mom and dad"

I took a deep breath in. It's been 3 years but I still remember every detail of that day and it still hurts to talk about it. "I'll manage"

"Maybe you could invite Beverly over"

"I will"

"If you're not comfortable with it you can say so"

"No! I want you to go!" I interjected.

"Okay, Im probably gonna call you every 5 minutes and if you don't answer I will assume that you're dead" His tone was completely serious and it made me laugh.

______________________________________

It was now morning and my brother was freaking out.

(Shes wearing the outfit above)

I ate my cereal and watched as my brother ran frantically around the house. I chuckled at him and looked over at his group of friends that were sitting on the couch, waiting for him. His group consisted of Tyler, Monica, Hillary (who preferred to be called 'Larry'), Julissa and George (who went by his middle name; Abraham).

Tyler was a pretty tall guy, with tan skin, brown eyes and black hair. He was really laid-back and was the chill one of the group. Monica was also pretty tall, she had black curly hair like me and dark brown eyes. She was the loud one, always making them laugh and she had absolutely no filter. Hillary or Larry had blonde curly hair and pale skin. She had beautiful green eyes and was fairly short. She was the nice one and was always smiling. Julissa and Abraham were a couple and were always fighting about dumb stuff but they were so in love and honestly perfect for eachother. Abraham was very, very tall and lanky. He had black curly hair and round glasses, he actually had braces but they oddly suited him. He was clueless and never knew what was going on, he also used the word 'fresh' unironically. Julissa had straight, brown hair. She was very pretty and always had on the most amazing makeup. She was very open about everything and didn't really care what people thought about her. Then, in came my brother. He was the mom of the group and kept everyone in check.