06. Eddie's Feelin' Jealous

Mike had been hanging out with us more and more and it's been awesome. We've gotten even closer and I trust him more and more. Eddie has been acting weird though. He's been avoiding me at all costs and it really sucks. I have decided that today im gonna confront him. Dylan also gets back tomorrow morning and im actually excited.

Bev and Mike knocked on my door and we met the others at the local diner. We all brought money to pay for our food and all sat down together. We were in a sort of round booth with me and Eddie at the ends. Beverly was on my left, followed by Ben, Mike, Bill, Stan and Richie next to Eddie. We had all ordered milkshakes, I got chocolate and Eddie got strawberry. I caught Eddie looking at me but when we met eyes he looked away.

"So, Jocelyn. Do you wanna tell us about the time you and Mike kissed?" Richie teased, thinking it would embarrass me. Mike was obviously embarrassed but I didn't give a shit.

"Sure. It was last summer and we were hanging out and I was like 'hey have you had your first kiss' and he was like 'nope' " I stopped to take a sip of my milkshake and everyone's eyes were on me. "So then I was like 'me neither, wanna be each other's first' and he was like 'sure' and we kissed". As soon as I finished Mike gave me a fist bump. 

"Oh. That was disappointing" Richie sighed.

"What'd you expect? I don't like him like that" Mike nodded in agreement at my words.

"So then who do you like 'like that' ?" Richie asked.

"Why do you care so much?" I asked, sipping my milkshake while keeping eye contact.

"I happen to know someone that likes you" He answered and all of the boys looked at him with shocked faces. "What? I didn't tell her who"

"Well that's a first" I said

"What do you mean?" Stan asked.

"I've liked people but no one has ever liked me" I explained.

"Well this person has liked you for a while, who did you like? In the past I mean" Richie queried.

"Eddie and some kid named Diego, but mostly Eddie. I just think Diego is hot" I answered and Eddie choked on air. He quickly pulled out his inhaler and did a quick puff. Everyone stared at me with wide eyes and I laughed.

"W-what? You liked Eddie a-as in Eddie K-kasbrak?" Bill asked, not believing.

I just nodded as Eddie took another puff of his inhaler. God he's cute. Richie looked like he was going to say something but the waitress brought us our food and we were all distracted. I kept trying to get Eddies attention but it wasn't working. The rest of our friends were in their own little conversations.

"Did I do something?" I asked Eddie sadly.

"What?"

"Why haven't you talked to me or looked at me? Did I do something to make you mad?"

"No! It's stupid, really"

"Well I've got time for stupid. And I swear I won't make fun of you" I said, crossing my heart.

"You've just been really close with Mike lately and I was feeling kinda-" He paused and looked down. His cheeks and ears were a dark shade of red.

"Jealous?" I finished for him.

"Would you be weirded out if I was?" He asked hopefully.

"Nope. I think it's cute" I smiled as he took another puff of his inhaler.

"Then yeah, im jealous"

"Don't worry Eds. I really like hanging out with you" That made him take a puff of his inhaler yet again.

"Im gonna need a new one of these" He said, referring to the inhaler.

"Seems like it" I laughed.

______________________________________

After the diner we all went to the park and hung out there. We all began to say our goodbyes as soon as the sun began to set.

"Wait Jocelyn! I'll walk you" Eddie offered.

"Okay" I smiled.

We began to walk and I sighed in content at my surroundings.

"What's wrong?" He asked, referring to the large sigh I just did.

"Nothing. Im just happy" I smiled and he blushed as he looked away.

We stopped in front of my apartment and looked at each other.

"Thank you Eddie"

"No problem" He smiled.

I kissed him on the cheek and walked towards my door, laughing when I heard him use his inhaler.

"Jocelyn?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"I really like you"

"I really like you too Eddie" I replied, walking inside.

My smile was the biggest it had ever been as I walked towards the phone. I obviously called Bev to tell her what had happened.

"Hey Joc. I was gonna walk home with you but then I convinced Eddie to do it" She laughed.

"Dude!" I yelled into the phone.

"What is it?! Oh my god yes! I am here and I am all ears!" She yelled back.

"I kissed Eddie on the cheek! And then before I walked in he was like 'I really like you' and I was like 'I really like you too Eddie'!" I squealed.

She squealed as well. "YES! I knew it! I knew it! You just made my day!" She excitedly yelled.

I sighed and sat down, with a huge grin on my face. Bev and I talked for about another hour before we decided to hang up. My brother gets back around 7 am and I wanted to make him and his friends breakfast so I went straight to bed.