Part 19

Flashback
(3 months after AnShivHi left Oberoi Mansion)

Sydney University campus, 5:00 am AET

In her dorm room, Saumya was sitting and studying on her desk. The doorbell rung.

Saumya: *to herself* Is waqt kaun ho sakta hain?
(Who is there at this hour?)

She goes and opens the door but got shocked to see...

Saumya: Rudra...

He was standing at the door but there was something different about him. He charm was lost, his face was pale and his eyes seemed empty, expect for the moistness due to tears. Saumya was even more shocked as well sad to him in that condition.

Saumya: *touching his cheek* Tum theek toh ho.
(Are you okay)

The next second, threw his arms around her and cried out loud. She was taken aback for a minute but, realising that he's crying, she patted his back.

Saumya: Kya hua? Tum yahaan kaise aaye aur ro kyoon rahe hain. Say something crybaby, mujhe darr lag raha hain.
(What happened? How did you come here and why are you crying? Say something crybaby, I'm getting worried.)

Rudra: I'm sorry Sumo. I know, maine jo tumhare saath kiya woh maafi ke laayak nahi hain likin please, please mujhe maaf kardo.
(I'm sorry Sumo. I know, what I did to you is not worth forgiving but please, please forgive me)

Saumya was totally confused now.

Saumya: Tum pehle andar aao.
(Come inside first.)

She takes him inside and makes him sit on her bed while he was still crying. She sits beside him and holds his hand.

Saumya: Kuch bolo bhi.
(At least say something.)

Rudra: Su... Saumya, I know maine tumhare saath bahot bura kiya aur main maafi ke bhi laayak nahi hoon...
(Su...Saumya, I know I was really bad to you and I'm not worth forgiving...)

Saumya: No, Rudra, maine tumhe maaf kar diya hain. I know, tumhari family mein jo kuch bhi hua, uske wajah se tum upset they.
(No, Rudra, I have forgiven you. I know you were upset with everything that happened to your family.)

Rudra: But still...

Saumya: *pouts* Ab Crybaby se Guilty-baby mat bano.
(Now don't become Guilty-baby from Crybaby.)

Rudra: *giggles* Okay.

Saumya: Likin tum yahaan, kaise? (But how come you're here?)

Rudra: Saumya, maine pehle humari shaadi ko kabhi acknowledge nahi kiya likin main woh galti sudhaarna chaahta hoon. Kya tum mujhe ek mauka dogi? Will you come back to me?
(Saumya, I didn't acknowledge our marriage before but I want to rectify that mistake. Will you give me another chance? Will you come back to me?)

Saumya: *withdraws her hand* Rudra, yeh ab possible nahi hain. Humare raaste alag ho gaye hain. Hum kabhi ek nahi ho sakte.
(Rudra, it's not possible now. Our paths have seperated. We can't be together.)

Rudra: *panics* Saumya, aisa mat kaho. Please give a chance, main sab theek kar doonga.
(Saumya, don't say that. Please give me a chance, I'll make everything alright.)

Saumya: *teary eyed* Kuch theek nahi ho sakta. It's too late now. And I think tumhe chale jaana chahiye.
(Nothing can be fixed. It's too late now. And I think you should leave.)

Rudra: Saumya please...

Saumya: You should go...

She turns to go inside the kitchen but he stops her by holding her wrist.