Prologue

The class had just ended in Kunigigaoka Junior High's E-class. The students began to pack their things and walked out the classroom doors. As the halls slowly emptied themselves out for students one particular one walked towards the opposite end of the exit. In fact, she made her way towards the principal's office.

*knock... knock*

"Come in." A voice emanated with authority called in, as the girl opened the door.

The sight that greeted her was a pair of glowing violet eyes. As she stepped inside the door slammed shut behind her, locking her inside the room with the dark figure in front of her. The gigantic glass windows illuminated the room, casting a cold dimmed light through the almost bare space.

"Ah... Y/n-san. You wanted to talk to me, right?" The figure spoke as the girl nodded and stepped closer, holding a white paper behind her back as she made her way towards the large desk in front of her.

"Yes, in fact, I have a small request... Sir." She said, eyes locked onto the masculine figure in front of her, like a predator looking at an equal opponent.

"Oh? And what would that be?" The man asked as a small and almost unnoticeable amused smirk graced his features.

"I'd like to drop to E-class." Y/n said, scanning the man before doing any further actions.

"The reason?"

"None in particular, but if you don't let me, I'll see to that my grades will drop." She said as she took a rather large step forward. "I think we both know what damage that would do to the school's reputation. So how about it?" She asked as she leaned a little forward, challenging the man in front of her.

A small chuckle echoed through the room as the two stared at each other. Both knew that the statement or threat was an empty one. However, this wasn't without a reason. This was a challenge, or rather a display of determination.

"No, the reason is that of this." Y/n said as she placed the white paper onto the desk. A yellow octopus-like creature decorated the front. "Apparently there's going to be some sort of government project regarding a certain super creature, in the Kunigigaoka Junior High's E-class none the less."

She finished as the principal's eyes grew a little wider, before going their normal intimidating glance. "Exactly how did you receive this classified information?" He asked as the girl as she retracted the paper from the desk.

"That's something that I'd rather want to keep for my self. No offense Sir, but did you really believe that I wouldn't do some research on the matter? It is kinda hard to ignore that lack of information regarding the creature that blew up the moon." She asked, although she never received an answer. It wasn't like one was needed, it was merely a tribal matter.

"Very well. Does this include anyone else?" The man said as the girl gave him a sweet smile before she answered his question.

"Naturally. In fact, Bf/n is completely aware of this information. After all... best friends tell each other secrets." She said as she left the office and made her way out.

-Outside the school-

After exiting the office Y/n released a relieved breath and continued to walk through the now deserted hallway. As you opened the school's main gate you were greeted with a familiar face.

"Pew... Geez.... the principal sure is one scary man. I was sure he would swallow me whole in there." She said feeling all the previous tension escape. A sudden chuckle nearby caused her to jump in surprise as she turned towards the culprit.

"Well, you were the one who wanted to drop out. Don't blame me." Bf/n said as the girl nudged her side and huffed.

"And? You wanted in on this too you know. So who are you to judge?" Y/n said right back at her as Bf/n put her hands up in mock surrender.

"Okay, okay. I get it. Just don't cause any trouble on our first day." She said as Y/n let out a small laugh.

"Can't promise anything... I mean, I don't personally look for trouble, but seemed to look for me." Y/n said as both burst out in laughter at the fake yet thoughtful expression.

"But, seriously, no blackmailing this time, okay? I don't want to deal with that again." She said, shuddering at the memory. While Y/n roled a halfhearted eye roll at her bestie.

"Aw, come on. It wasn't that bad. I mean you only got... chased around a bit." She said as Bf/n shoot her a dirty look.

"A little bit? I missed class and got detention because of you!" Bf/n said pointing an accusing finger right at you. "Detention! With Kensaku!"

"So?" Y/n asked, raising an amused eyebrow.

"Kensaku fricking Ōno! I hate the guy and You. Know. It!" She said jabbing a finger at Y/n who gently grabbed the hand.

"Well, that's in the past. So let's look for the future...no?" Y/n said gently putting Bf/n's arm down before a devious smile broke out on her face.

'Just you wait, Karma... Just you wait...'