The elevator thuds as it reaches the lower level. Dr.Zarkon and five of his men wanted to investigate the opening the experiment had created. They all wore white hazmat suits, and carried guns with flashlights. The hazmat suits protected them from what could possibly be poisonous oxygen. The elevator door creaked as it opened, revealing a long, dark hallway. Their heavy breathing fogged the clear masks that they wore. One at a time, each officer stepped off the elevator, holding their flashlights up to look around. Their leather boots squeaked against the tile as they walked at a slow pace. The lights on the ceiling flickered as they inched away from the elevator. Turning the corner they stopped, seeing a black sticky substance on walls. The slime on the walls squelched, almost as if it had it's own heart beat.

Dr.Zarkon stepped foward and lead the pack, continuing to walk to the door that lead to a control. Once he entered flashlight around the room, seeing bigger patches of black slime pulsating on the walls. Zarkon didn't take another step once he saw mass of black slime. Grey vines protruded from the massive blob, and anchored to the ground and walls. The slime pulsed in time with the small patches around it.

Low growling immersed from the black slime.

"Is this where it came from, sir?" One of the men asked Zarkon while pointing his flashlight at it.

"Yes." Zarkon answered, still staring at it.

"What about the boy?" The man asked.

"He can't have gone far."

8:00 a.m

He's been running all morning long. His legs ached and his chest pounded. He slowed his pace once he smelled something in the air. The smell was unlike any aroma he had ever encountered. Thick. Greasy. Oily.

It made his mouth salivate. He followed the smell and ended up behind a diner. He hid behind a bush as he saw a large man leave the establishment with a bag. The large man placed the bag in a tin bin and went back inside.

An entrance perhaps? He thought to himself and walked to the same door he saw the large man walk out of. The door quietly creaked as he walked inside. His aching feet padded along the cold floor. Sound was all he heard as he walked past shelves of canned items. The smell was stronger than it was before. He followed the scent inside a kitchen. He heard the crackling pops of oil in the fryer. He backed away from it, knowing the substance was too hot to touch. Then he saw a basket of fries, that smelled oily and greasy. He carefully picked up a fry and ate it. His taste buds sang from the intoxicating flavor. Then he shoveled the fries into his mouth and chewed it quickly. After swallowing the hand full, he quickly scooped another handful into his mouth.

"Hey!" A voice boomed from outside the kitchen. He picked up the basket and ran off with it. The large man followed after him. "Hey, come here!"

The man's big hands gripped onto one of his small arms, holding him back from the exit. He drops the fries onto the floor as the man turns him to get a good look of him.

"You think you can steal from me, boy?" His voice was low and harsh. A vein buldged out of his bald forehead. He stared at the man with terror in his eyes.

8:45 a.m

"Remember, finish chapter 10 and answer 9.2 on the difference between experiment and other forms of science investigation. This will be on the test tomorrow, which will cover on chapters 7 through 10." Mr. Coran's voice trailed off as his students left the classroom in a hurry. "It will be a multiple choice with an essay section." He sighed, and turned facing three beaming students.

"So did it come?" Lance asked with a hint of excitement in his tone.

"Sorry boys," Mr.Coran answered. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...it came!"