8: Finally Happy

Chapter 8: Finally Happy

I awoke in strong arms. I felt so perfect, I didn’t want to move and disrupt this moment. I knew it could only be one person and I have to allow myself a little bit of happiness.

Then I remembered the punishment.

I shot up and looked around. We were in the grave yard parking lot. I looked down at the beautiful sleeping Ash beside me. We were in my VW and cuddled up on the mattress and in my blankets.

“Ash get up” I said and started to punch his arm.

He chuckled “what?” he asked keeping his eyes closed.

“My punishment! I can’t see you until tonight! Get out of my van!” I exclaimed.

“No” he stated.

“What do you mean no?” I asked.

He opened his eyes and looked up at me “I found my mate on top of a grave sleeping. I didn’t ditch you last night and I am not ditching you now” he stated.

I bit my lip and stared down at him “but Alpha said-”

“I’m your Alpha” he growled sitting up beside me.

“But… but… I could get in so much trouble!” I exclaimed.

“I will blame it all on me. Now come on we have to get you back to the pack house” he stated.

“We can’t go there!” I stated.

“Why not? My father can’t keep mates apart” he stated staring at me.

“No Ash we-”

He was already getting up and going to the driver’s seat “No you need to relax in my bed and tell me about Trevor” he stated lightly.

I bit my lip at the mention of his name “I don’t know Ash…”

“Throw me the keys” He demanded.

I dug into the pocket of my army jacket that I was wearing and tossed them to him. He started the van with a roar and I climbed into the passenger’s seat. He started to drive and I sat with my back pressed against the door, my feet on the seat, knee’s laying on the back of the chair and staring at him.

“Why are you looking at me?” he asked giving me a sideways glance.

“Am I not allowed to?” I asked.

He chuckled “you can look at me any time” he stated.

I giggled and turned my attention to the road. I will admit the thought of seeing Alpha like this with Ash sent butterflies in my stomach.

I bit my lip “do we have to?” I begged.

“Yes” Ash stated taking my hand. He opened the door to his father’s office and pulled me in beside him. I shut the door with my foot on the way by. The Alpha was sitting at his desk looking over a few papers. His eyes met mine and then Ash’s, he put his elbows on the desk and rested his chin on his hands.

“Well I see my wishes were broken” he stated.

“Father, she is my mate and she will stay at my side” Ash growled.

The Alpha nodded and then leaned back in his chair, he turned his attention to me “Have you learned your lesson?” he asked.

I nodded “yes it was very wrong to lay my hand on my Alpha” I stated. I heard Ash growl when I said ‘my Alpha’ but I ignored it.

“That was not the lesson” he stated.

I gulped “then what was?” I asked softly.

“You see Scarlett, when you slapped me I realised just how weak you are. I knew that being away from Ash was doing this to you so I figured if I said you couldn’t see him, you would realise that you miss him and that you want him by your side. That you will accept him as your mate and you will love him” he stated starring into my eyes the whole time.