2: Happy Birthday

Chapter 2: Happy Birthday

“Well you should have thought of that in first place” I stated.

“You will be my mate Scarlett” he growled.

“No I won’t! You rejected me!” I stated.

“That was a long time ago” he growled.

A smirk came to my lips “If pay backs a bitch and revenge is sweet, then I am the sweetest bitch you’ll ever meet” I stated. For a reason I thought he was going to be hearing this a lot from me.

“You are making a big mistake” he growled.

I smiled “I will never be yours” I stated.

“Yes, yes you will be. I am your Alpha and that is an order” he growled.

“Again with the alpha stuff” I said rolling my eyes.

“Am I interrupting?” I heard a deep male voice.

I gulped and Ash moved away from me, we both stared at Ash’s dad. He wasn’t that old he looked to be like late forties, I don’t really know why he retired. Maybe he just wanted to spend time with his mate or something?

“No Sir” I stated and looked towards the ground.

“Scarlett you can look up at me, I’m not going to bite” he stated with humor.

I smiled a little and looked up at him. He was such a nice Alpha, can’t say much for his son though.

“So what is going on in the kitchen?” he asked and leaned against the island. He picked up an apple out of the bowl and took a bite looking at us expectantly.

“Just getting acquainted with the future Alpha when he can fill the role” I stated with a fake smile.

The old Alpha closed one of his eyes and pointed at me “you are lying to me” he stated “tell the truth” he demanded.

“I would really rather not” I stated. I felt… embarrassed and ashamed by the whole scene.

“Okay Ash you looked like you were demanding stuff, what happened?” he asked turning his attention to Ash and taking a loud bite of the apple.

I let out a breath of relief that he wasn’t focused on me anymore. He was a very nice and kind Alpha but his power made the hairs on the back of your neck stick up.

“We were discussing school” Ash stated crossing his arms over his chest.

Alpha tapped his chin “were you two about to mate?” he asked.

“No” Ash and I both said at the same time.

“Then why not tell me what’s going on?” he asked looking at both of us.

I looked away and towards the wall. I’m sure Ash was looking somewhere else too.

“Fine, I guess I will just have to do a 1 on 1 approach. Scarlett follow me” the alpha said. My head whipped to Ash who was glaring at me. I gulped and followed behind Alpha as he led me through the pack house. It made sense that he took me because I am weaker then Ash because he is future Alpha but I really didn’t want to do this. We stopped in front of a pair of wooden doors and he opened them. We walked into his simple office with a desk, computer, book shelves and a few chairs.

He took the chair behind the desk and gestured for me to sit in the one in front of his desk.

“So Scarlett Black what are you hiding from me?” he asked curiously.