Death Hunter 1: Memory Train

hey guys. well. From the comments I got, I think I should continue :) So here's the rest of chapter 1. working on chapter 2 as we speak. If any of you are fans of my other story, the computer where I saved it isn't working quite well. I'm gonna wait 'til I get it back again and start working on it. For now, here's Death Hunter :)

(Don't worry, I'm working on a new title. I know this one sucks >.<)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

I sat up in a tree, watching the kids play in the park They were swinging on swings, sliding on slides, and just running for fun. Oh, how I wish I could feel how they felt now. Could feel happy, like nothing could ever hurt you. To feel the wind blow through your hair and the cool feel of the jungle gym. Could feel fresh air flow through my body, to feel my heart beat. You see, I can't feel any of this because I'm dead.

I'm a ghost, nobody can see me or hear me. Nobody knows I'm around. I'm completely cut off from the rest of the world, but can still travel through it freely. I've been dead for 2 years now. I walked behind a lady texting to see the time. 11:45 am. Should be here any minute. I thought to myself. I walked through the lady and watched as she shivered.

"Why Quinn. May I be of any assistance?" I heard a light and girly voice say behind me.

"The question is, how may I be of your assistance Stacey?" I said as I turned to face the young lady who stood before me. She looked about 25 with long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She must've looked quite pretty when she was alive. Her blonde hair was a tangled mess around her face. Her blue eyes showed a mixture of hatred and betrayal. With no more blood running through her she was very pale, like you expected a ghost to be.

"Hmm. My, my. Grumpy today aren't we? Well, I got another....job for you to do for me." She said with her fake smile and sweetness. You can't blame the girl. Being killed by her paranoid boyfriend and being dragged and dumped in some hole by him and his friends would cause anyone to be a little moody.

"Name?" I asked in my just as fake honey sweet voice while taking out my pocket sized notebook from my bag.

"James Burlough. Borden Street. Second house to the right." Stacey replied, all fake sweetness gone from her voice.

"How many are left Stacey?" I said as I let out a chuckle while writing all this down in my notebook.

"Hmm. Just. One. More." She said with an evil grin on her face.

Stacey has been one of my most recent costumers, but she's had probably the most orders to be filled. It's been 4 so far, not including this one.

"Well, I think you'll know when I got this one down." I said to her as she slowly began fading away with her evil little grin.

I began walking towards the subway on the other side of town. Most of Stacey's orders live around Borden Street, so I knew where to go. If you're wondering, I'm a Death Hunter. In other words, I can control whether you die or not. I don't wait for death to come to you, I shove it down your throat. That's why Stacey came to me today. Unlike me, Stacey is just a ghost, a lost soul. While she was dying , she swore revenge on her boyfriend and his friends who helped bury her. Now, she can't rest in peace until her promise is fulfilled, and I'm the one who's gonna help her. She can't take lives, or even walk out of her park, that's why she came to me for help.

~*~

"Train to West Amberville leaving in 30 minutes." I heard a voice say over the intercom as I stepped down into the subway. I silently walked through people, watching them as they shivered at my touch. What a funny feeling it was, to walk through a person. You enter their life for a few seconds and leave just like that. They don't even notice you were there. I put my hand over the place where my heart used to be, but where now lie a hole I covered with my blood-stained jacket.

I finally got to the train a good 20 minutes later. I stopped for a minute to take in what was happening around me. There were people moving about. Chatting with friends on their way to a party, men on their phones for business matters, high school kids on their way home from school. I could hear a guitar being played somewhere to my left. A sax to my right. Ah. The sounds of the subway.

"Train to West Amberville, now leaving." the voice said.

People began moving faster. Pushing and shoving for a spot on the train. Me, I just walked through it all leaving nothing but a chill. Once they got everyone settled in, the train lurched then began moving. Slowly at first, but began gaining speed.

"Hey Quinn. What brings you to my part of town?" I heard a deep, but definitely female voice say.

I turned in time to see the face of Ruby Vandeer begin to fade in. She had jet black hair that was red in places, not blood stained, just dyed. She was wearing all black clothes and was carrying a black overcoat stained in blood. She had a pale face just like the rest of us, but hers had a bullet right through her forehead with dried blood running down to her cheeks.

"Oh. Hey Ruby. Still here? Where are thou's Romeo?" I said with a grin.

"Ha. Funny Quinn. He's not here yet, but don't you fret, he's coming soon enough." She said with a little chuckle.

"You sure you don't just wanna go Ruby? I mean, it's been two years..."I couldn't finish my sentence.

Ruby died a while after I did, I saw it happen myself. I went back to that day in my mind. I'd been dead for two days, and began roaming around not sure of what to do and why I was still in town. I just got on this very train on my way to Los Angeles, the place I wanted to go to every since I was a little girl. I was dead, I figured I could do anything. I sat down in an empty chair in the very back of the train where no one else was with a map in my hand. Right before the train began to move, a girl with red streaks sat down in the seat next to me. She looked nervous, and was obviously hiding something under her jacket.

"Johnny, don't keep me waiting too long." Those were the words she spoke right before she took the gun from under her jacket and shot herself clean on the forehead. You could say I was terrified by what I saw. I jumped through the solid wall and landed on the boarding deck right before the train moved. I went back the next day and saw her, Ruby. Sitting in the same seat as the night before. I sat beside her, like the night before.

"Quinn." I said with my hand outstretched to her.

"Ruby. You dead too?" She said as she shook my hand.

"Yeah. Just died last week." I said while looking down at the ground.

"Oh. I died yesterday." She said as she looked at the permanent bloodstains on the floor.

"I saw." I whispered as I stared too.

"You can obviously walk around will you do me a favor?" She said ignoring what I said, or just not responding.

"Ask Johnny when he's coming for me." That all she said as she faded away.

I went. I saw her article in the newspaper and read about how she was a foster kid who ran away from her foster home and went to live with her boyfriend Johnny. I found out where he lived and went to visit. What I saw I will never forget. What I saw got me into the Death Hunter business.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Complete chapter uno! comment and vote please :)