Chapter 15

I sat up in bed slowly while my brain was trying to decide if it was in the 20th or the 21st century. It finally settled on the present time after what felt like forever, but was really 2 minutes. I sighed at my alarm clock wearily when I saw the time. 2:20 AM it blinked back at me as if laughing at me. I was exhausted and I didn’t know how much longer I could keep on going at this rate. My phone buzzed from an incoming text message. I looked at the name displayed and decided to ignore it when I saw that it was Alex.

I was so tired and I just wanted to have good night’s sleep. It was starting to take over my life and it was slowly destroying my sanity. What I needed to do was take a step back from this whole ordeal and breathe.

I fell back onto my pillows and managed to hit my head on the way down. I groaned from how loud the noise was and from the sudden headache I had just received. I felt tears start to well up from everything that I was feeling and from the pain in my head. I let the tears roll down my cheeks freely as I tried to muffle my sobs into my pillow. I didn’t want my parents to come in and see what a wreck I was. Then after what seemed like an eternity, I somehow managed to drift off into a dark dreamless/ memory free sleep.

When my alarm went off in the morning it startled me out of the deep sleep. I felt somewhat refreshed if that was even possible on a Monday morning. It had been a week since my last memory dream and I was finally starting to recover. I pushed back the covers to my bed and lazily slid out of it. I knew Alex would be back today, but I refused to let that bother me. 'Just remember what you saw on the news,'' I thought to myself bitterly.

The meetings he was attending with his father ended up going longer than expected. I could understand since all over the news was the big partnership deal or whatever was going on. I was going to act as if he was the friend that you say hello too in the hallway, but nothing more.

I got dressed quickly so I could eat breakfast for once before going to school. It was also the first time I got to drive my car to school. My parents had decided that I could finally get a car to help chauffeur my brother around. I finally got it over the weekend since the lady we bought it from got her new car early. I loved my car and called it my baby because that’s just how darn protective I was already over it. I drove my white 2006 Toyota Solara Camry to school and parked all the way out at the DAC parking lot in front of the football stadium. The only part that I hated was that it was a coupe and my backpack didn’t quite fit behind my seat, because it was so heavy, even though the seat was in the eject position. My family made fun of me for it being so close to the steering wheel since I was short.

I rushed straight to my locker to get rid of the heavy books that I didn’t need for the first two hours of the day. Finally, when my backpack was at a non-disfiguring weight, I closed my locker and headed over to the table where I usually met my friends. On the way I couldn’t help, but notice the crowd of girls surrounding where Alex, the strange girl with another strange girl, and a new boythat looked strangely like Harry. I had never seen before. I just shook my head and made my way over to my friends.

“Harvey! You made it!” Ashley said when I plopped my backpack on the table.

“What’s with the Harvey all of a sudden? I haven’t been called that in a while.” I asked curiously. I hadn’t been called Harvey since I had dropped orchestra class last year.

“I don’t know. I just felt like calling you by a nickname.” She said while shrugging.

“Well then Ashlettuce where’s the Robster, Ambear, and the Mary?” I asked calling her by the name our friend Amber had given her after we had started calling her Ambear.

“I don’t know maybe the French room?” Ashley said grabbing her backpack and started heading towards the direction the French room was located. I scrambled to grab my backpack and chase after her. We found them in the French room writing on the back white board.