THE DESPERATE

* * * GREEN'S P.O.V * * *

I looked around at the other board members in the room, they all looked as dumbfounded as I was, none of us said anything. We just watched as Men closed the glass doors, a low subtle click sounded, and that was that, Men was gone.

"Do something, Green," Sullivan said looking at me expectantly. What was he expecting I do? Run after him?

"What, Sullivan? What do you expect me to do?" I asked blankly.

"Yes, if that's what it takes," he said it like it was the only logical thing to do. "You know we can't lose Men, not now, not ever actually."

I looked at him for the longest of times before I sighed. I knew Men was very valuable to this company, I knew that better than anyone, but running after him? I just, could not.

His whole family line had been head of creations since I opened this establishment. From his mother, to his brother, now him. The Men line had been doing a great job so far. Losing them now would serve to be vital to my company and I could not afford that. So should I just run after him? I had to swallow my pride and do it.

"Ok, Sullivan I will see what I can do," I told him noticing some hope reach his eyes. "I am not promising anything, but I will try."

"Don't try Ericsson, do it," Lorington said as he also stood up, fixing his suit along the way. "It'd be a shame to the company and me if I had to withdraw my funding and sell my shares just because you couldn't get Men back."

I looked at him with narrowed eyes for a while, not really taking his threat seriously. He liked throwing around threats he would not act upon. It did not shake me, not even a little. He enjoyed the benefits that came with owning shares of this company way too much to do something so brash.

"Green, can I speak with you?" Roy asked from besides me when Lorington and Sullivan left. Leaving me, him and Herrington in the room.

"I do not know, can you?" I asked sternly. I saw the top of his mouth tick a little, it always did that when he got annoyed. It was so hard to suppress my laughter.

"May I speak with you, please," he said hastily, he was totally annoyed. I chuckled a little as I stood and told him we could go talk in my office.

We said goodbye to Herrington and we began the walk to my office. We walked the whole way in an awkward silence, well at least for me. It was sad, but it was truth, I never could bond with Roy over the years.

When we first adopted him, he was merely a year old and we instantly fell in love with him. He was the most adorable, innocent human being I had ever seen. I loved him, more than I ever loved myself, I still do even. But it just got hard sometimes when it came to connecting with him.

Since his teen years he had been off. To me that is. Him and Sally have been the best of friends, but him and I never got there, it is more like we are acquaintances. It hurt, he is my own son for crying out loud.

I think that is what drove him to be like this, the manipulation, the hurt, the hate, the anger... I am left to believe that I caused them, I forced them onto him. He was such a wonderful child and I influenced him into this... this person I could not recognise anymore as my own son.