Once my eyes adjusted to the semi dark room lit only by a couple of light bulbs, I saw someone moving inside.

I immediately recognized the figure.

"Lauren is that you? What are you doing here." I was surprised when I saw her in the far corner while holding a bunch of things in her hand.

"Oh. I was just getting this for gym class." she was startled, she almost tripped.

She actually did. Fortunately,she landed on my arms.

"Easy, you'll end up hurting yourself ." I said as my arms rested on her shoulders.Holding her in place.

"I think I should go now. Mr. Rob's probably waiting for these equipments." She said, still not meeting my gaze.

Almost a week has passed since the last time I talked to her. She really did what she promised to do. She did not bother me nor even talked to me. We're still constantly around each other as it's really inevitable not to be in the same place as her given certain circumstances but she really did her part and avoided me as much as possible.

She went pass me as I continued my search.

It's better this way.

Better not to complicate things. Better not to open my heart for another heartbreak. Better not to fall in love once again.

I finally found the guitar I've been looking for. It's right beside the marble statue of Athena.

Unlike any other ordinary storage areas. This particular room can easily pass as a neglected mini museum.
There are about ten life size statues of greek gods placed in a row. And a bunch of old equipments and projects of students.

I inspected the guitar in my hands. It's a little bit dusty but I can see that once polished we can return it to its former glory.

I made my way towards the door but Lauren's still there.

"Hey, what's the matter? "I noticed that she's really struggling with the door.

"It's locked. Someone probably locked it from the outside. " I can see the worry in her eyes once she faced me.

I tried opening the door too.But it's no use. It's really locked. Someone must've thought the room was empty.

"Hey, is anyone out there? We're still here. " I shouted. But then I stopped because the light suddenly went off and the room was completely engulfed in darkness .

It's pitch black.

Lauren. Was what my mind shouted.

"Hey are you okay?"I held her hands in mine.

This is not good. She's afraid of the dark.

Like seriously afraid of the dark.

"You're trembling." I can feel her hands shaking. She's frozen in her position.

"I'm fine." she said. But I can feel that she's definitely not. We've been through this before.

"Hey it's alright I'm here."I hugged her. It's like Deja Vu. I never thought I can be this close to her ever again.

"Close your eyes ." I guided her down.

We sat in the cold floor.I didn't mind.

"Focus on my heartbeat. "I instructed, letting her listen to the rhythm of my heart. I can feel my heart beating really fast inside my chest but right now I didn't care.

She needs the distraction.

Soon enough her body relaxed.

"Erin. " she finally said. Her voice strained.

"Yeah."I replied while stroking her hair. I remember that this helps her relax.

"I'm scared ."

"Don't worry. I'm not going to leave you."

"I'm tired of being scared Erin. "

"Shh. It's okay. I'll play you a song okay?"

I placed the guitar in my lap and started strumming. Her head still buried in my neck.

I hope this will help.

Let's go in the garden
You'll find something waiting
Right there where you left it
Lying upside down

I sang with my heart.

When you finally find it
You'll see how it's faded
The underside is lighter
When you turn it around

Somehow this song really makes me sad. But it's really soothing and beautiful so why not play it to her right?

It's just a song.

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
But it still changes
Ever so slightly
Daily and nightly
In little ways
When everything stays

I stopped when I finished the last sentence . It's my favorite cartoon song from our favorite cartoon show when we were young.

We used to watch it together.

I heard her sniffle.I can feel her tears dropping in my skin.

"Why are you crying?" I inquired. As much as I deny it. I hate it when she cries. It breaks my heart.

"I'm sorry. " she wiped her tears using the back of her hand.

There's nothing to be sorry for.

"Please don't cry. " I said as I snuggled closer to her. I missed this. I inhaled her scent. After all these years she still smells like everything I love. Having her this close to me makes me feel at home.

"I just.. I don't know.. It's too much. " She whispered. Her head resting in my shoulder.

"What happened to us Erin? We used to be so close. So inseparable.Now it's like we barely know each other anymore." Her question left a hole in my chest. The reality that we're not this close anymore and the fact that after this we'll go back to being strangers hit me.

"I don't know. I guess a lot has changed between us..."

"I miss the past. I know I'll never have it back but at least I have the memories." She hugged me closer. I let her. Just this once I'm willing to let my guard down.

"Things were just so much easier back then.No stress, no worries no problems..." She continued.

"Erie." She used to call me that when we were still friends. She's the only one who calls me that nickname and now that I heard it again from her. I'm not sure how to respond.

"Hmmm." I simply replied.Waiting for what she had to say

"I miss you .I don't know what else there is to say.But can we go back to the way we used to?"

-----

Yay. Another update.

I've been kinda 'dragged' into a pageant so I've been busy.

I hope you like this chapter.
Please don't forget to tell me what you think.

Should I continue?

Love y'all <3

Xoxo