Ch. 1 - A council meeting

Everything seemed surreal.

There was no explanation for anything, at all.

There was no way she could explain what was happening nor what had happened. She could not even be sure if it was real.

She really could not.

"Izzie Stevens"

The lady jumped back when she heard the calm voice calling for her. She was leaning against a huge window of what seemed some kind of high tech plane.

"That is your name, am I correct?" the other lady asked her, holding a tablet on her hands "I have to be honest I cannot access to much information on you"

Izzie took a deep breath, staring at her "I used to be..." she looked through the window, once again "I cannot be certain, anymore" she closed her eyes

"I am sure you are confused, Izzie" she sadly smiled at her "I promise you, we will help"

"You do not understand..." Izzie breathed

"Trust me, I do" she extended her hand "I am Melinda May"

"Where are you taking me?"

"A safe place." she spoke "The country"

Izzie raised her eyebrow "What about all this? How do you have all this... technology? Trust me, the last time I checked, with all these dead walking around here, there was no room for technological advances"

May chuckled "There is, where you are going" she spoke, inviting her to sit on the couches "It will be a lot to take in, Izzie. But I am sure you wll eventually adapt"

"What if I do not?" Izzie asked "You will force me to stay somewhere I do not want to be?"

"Would you rather go back to that cage you were barely surviving?" May asked

Izzie looked down, as the lady continued "How did you get in there?"

"It's... complicated"

May smiled "I'm sure it is..."

Taking a deep breath, Izzie stared at her "I have been alone for the past few months. I... This makes no sense"

"It has been a few years since the apocalypse. What is your story?"

Izzie gulped, staring at her "A few years... right" she sighed "You will not believe me, anyway."

"Try me" May raised her eyebrow

Glaring at May, Izzie decided she had nothing to lose "Here is the thing... I think..." she hesitated "I think I died years ago"

..........................................................................................................................................................

*Unknown Location*

"Look at that!" The tall muscled man chuckled at the armed young lady in front of him, after he decapitated a walker with a single strike, with the axe he had atached to the very end of his rifle.

"You are supposed not to kill them, over here, Mac!" she snapped, before chuckling as he took a bowat her.

"Daisy, they are already dead"

"You know what I mean, Mac" she rolled her eyes as both walked through the group of walkers, carefully, until they reached what would usually go by nothing, in the middle of nowhere. "This will be fun"