Chapter 2

Brynlees POV

Buzz buzz buzz

Why do I have to wake up so early? I roll out of bed and into my bathroom. I have to get ready for work. I have my own fashion line with my friend, Hanna. The company is called Roses. Lots of people on the street think we sell flowers. We are very popular on Valentines. But there is meaning to the name. Hanna and I both have the same middle name. Rose.
So that's the meaning behind the name.

I get into the bathroom and brush my teeth. After that I wash my face and then do my makeup. Once my makeup is done I do my hair. I didn't really feel like doing much with it so I just put it in a ponytail. Then I get out of the bathroom so Hanna can use it. Did I mention we share an apartment together? Well we do.

Once I'm out of the bathroom I pick out my outfit. I chose a white shirt with some black jeans and some snake skin heels. Then I put on some accessories. I chose a big necklace and my purse. It's really big but I have a lot of stuff to carry. And then I am ready to leave.

I go to the kitchen and grab a banana before Hanna and me head out to go to work.
"Let's go B. Don't wanna be late do you."
"H I'm my own boss. I don't mind if I'm a little late."
"Whatever lets go."

•Skip to when they get to work•

"Hello miss Lam! Someone is waiting for you on line one. And good morning miss Murphy! Your mom called to leave you a message. She is coming in from Brooklyn for the holidays."
"Thank you Sadie. Don't know what I would do without you!" Yelled Hanna as she walked into her office.
"Thank you Sadie, remember you're off all next week for the holidays."

After I said that I went to my office and got on to line one.

"This is Brynlee Lam, how may I help you?"
"Hello Brynlee!"
"Mom?"
"Yes!"
"Why are you calling the office are you okay? Did you lose your phone?"
"Oh no sweetie everything is fine. I just wanted to call and make sure you are coming back for Christmas."
"Of course. I'm coming tomorrow."
"Okay I'll see you then."

After I turned 18 my parents thought it was a good idea to go back to Canada. But I wanted to start my business so I stayed behind. I haven't been back since the day I left. I've missed it so much I can't wait to go back.