day one.

6:34 AM

taehyung mopped the floor, sniffling as he looked around. had jimin forgotten to turn down the ac again? last time, all of the kids and caretakers fell sick with a cold.

"tae!" his supervisor, namjoon screamed from the lunchroom. taehyung put the mop against a playpen, running off to meet him.

"yes?" taehyung looked around, finding him checking the food.

namjoon didn't look up from his clipboard. "we have a new volunteer with us, more like a mandatory volunteer. i signed you up to train him?"

"me?" usually everyone would frown at the idea of training a new volunteer. bur taehyung glowed, that just meant that taehyung was experienced enough to take on the responsibility.

"yes," namjoon finally looked up at him. "can i trust you?"

"of course you can!"

"last time you helped jimin train hoseok, he ended up in the ball pit. are you--"

"i can do it!" taehyung smiled. "oh! can you tell jimin to lower the temperature? i can feel a cold coming."

namjoon checked his watch. "he's supposed to arrive in thirty minutes."

"jimin is upstairs?"

"your trainee, taehyung."

"oh!" taehyung nods, about to walk away but stopped. "wait, right now? holy shit!"

namjoon smiled at him, raising an eyebrow. "what was that?"

"i mean smelly socks!" taehyung said slowly, trying to remember the phrases namjoon taught him to use instead of curse words.

"good boy. now go finish mopping and get the ladybug room ready. you'll train him in there."

-

7:39 AM

taehyung sat on the small stage, waiting for the volunteer. he wondered what he looked like.

when he first heard 'park jimin,' he thought of someone tall, mysterious, sharp eyes. but the day jimin walked inside, taehyung knew he was wrong and perfectly fine with it. jimin quickly grew to be his best friend, inside and outside of work.

when he heard 'jung hoseok,' he thought of someone strong, medium height, a literature reader maybe. but hobi turned out to be less strong, bit smaller, and a hater of books but lover of children books. which was why they stuck him at the library.

'min yoongi' read the application. he can think of someone smart, medium height, light brown hair. someone who'll get along with everyone.

1:31 PM

so taehyung won't become a psychic.

"what did you think would happen?" jimin sighed as he applied the ice to taehyung's knee. "i told you to stop doing that, it's weird."

hoseok whistled as he walked into the break room, stopping once he saw taehyung on the table, jimin putting ice on his knee.

"he did the diaper thing again, didn't he?"

"yep."

"taehyung..."

"i thought it was funny."

hoseok smiled at him, paying for another breakfast bar. "here," he handed taehyung the bar. "how bad is he?"

"he shoved me, took his pass key, and left."

"is he allowed to do that?" hoseok uncapped his energy juice.