3. Confusion

He had no idea how the ex-human had made such a change in himself or what had done it, what had turned his competition in Yuki's love into a being like his own. A Pureblood.

His face appeared to heal to perfection before his very eyes, making the already beautiful silverette grow to match the raw beauty that Pureblood's all had.

Slowly, the other people in the room righted themselves and followed him over to the bed, all of them unable to look away as the former level D made his way up the vampire chain of hierarchy before their very eyes.

"Zero?" Yuki mumbled from beside Kaname and the silverette's began to stir.

"What the hell is happening?" Yagari breathed to the Chairman and Cross himself shook his head as if in a haze.

"I don't know."

Yagari looked to Kaname but the Pureblood Prince paid him no mind as he kept his wine eyes trained on the awakening new Pureblood.

The Moon demands payment? Could that have something to do with this?

Kiryu's aura began to reach out as if it were trying to gain its bearings itself.

It hummed with the power of a Pureblood, but it held a distinct feeling of confusion about it, made even more abundantly clear when the new Pureblood opened his eyes.

He circled his amethyst eyes which seemed significantly less weighed down than before with the trials he had undergone in life.

A first sign, Kaname could suppose.

His brows furrowed as he glanced at them all, but they stilled on Yuki and Kaname and he frowned, as if he was trying to decipher them with a single glance.

"Who? Who are you?"

"He doesn't remember a damn thing, Cross! Something is most definitely going on!" Yagari crowed and Cross pinched the bridge of his nose before righting his glasses.

Yagari, Cross, and Kaname were in the kitchen discussing the events of the day, trying to come to terms with what happened.

They were within sight of the living room where Yuki and Zero were sitting on the couch, the petite brunette trying to spark Zero's memory by showing him pictures of his life with them and a few of the ones he kept in his room of he and his twin.

"See, Zero." She urged him and he shook his head as he tried to gather any memory of his life with them all.

"Well, you know your name is Zero, right? You must remember something else, right?" Yuki went on and he shook his head once more.

He frowned for a moment and a distant look crossed his face.

"I know you," He said and she perked up.

"Go on!" She commended and he frowned again.

"But you don't look the way you did in my dream- you had longer hair and were older I think." He glanced over at the other Pureblood who only looked at him when he spoke up next.

"Is he your brother?" Zero turned back to her, missing the Pureblood in the other room tense slightly at his words.

"Uh... no, Zero. You're my brother." Yuki shook her head and the pureblood frowned.

"I'm not a vampire." She continued and he shook his head.

"But you were in my dream, I think."

"It must have just been a dream then." Yuki stated almost a bit harshly.

"No, I was so certain... Are you sure you're not a vampire? You were a pureblood I think in my dream."

She sighed at his words and closed the scrapbook and tapped the glass of the picture frame he held in his hand of he and his twin.