Chapter 2

Cuffs and chains were once more placed upon my wrist. Thor stood and observed this justice being thrust upon me with a cold and distant look. I winced as the cuffs squeezed my flesh uncomfortably. They were the same chains I had worn during my ‘enthusiastic’ return to Asgard.

“I bit tight, don’t you think?” I smiled at Thor. His face softened, but only slightly. It was as if he were holding back words, holding back some untold emotion. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were rage and anger. I had hurt Thor worse than any other and I not doubt deserved it.

After the guards made sure my restrains were secure, Thor grabbed hold of them and looked me deep in the eye.

“So you don’t get any ideas.” He mumbled as he began to drag me to the Bifrost. I laughed as I slightly dragged my feet, making Thor’s efforts difficult. As if I would just go on my own accord. If I didn’t fight he would no doubt think I had a plan.

“Me? Get ideas? You certainly overestimate me, Thor.” I feebly gave into his pulling of my chains and walked normally. Thor said nothing more to me as his heavy footsteps out sounded my light walk. I didn’t like the silence. I’d rather us fight and banter than be silent. At least when we were fighting I knew Thor still cared about me. Or at least saw me as a fit being that could be saved.

Though certainly the joke was on him if that was what he thought. I wasn’t able to be saved. I was past redemption, past hope. Nothing could change the monster my twisted heart had made me into. The monster inside me made the Jotun look tame. And it would unleash itself upon Vanahiem’s kingdom until I could make my escape. I just was simply counting down the hours.

We approached the Bifrost at a steady pace and I simply took my time looking around. When my gaze found the stars in the sky, I found the stars of that of Frigga. The mother of my heart and soul. The only person who saw me of any value; that gave me the hope that someday I would find the light from under Thor’s shadow. Though I was born and created a monster, she was the reason I was still a man.

She had been wrong, however. I never found that light. And now I would always be in shadow.

“Heimdal, please open the Bifrost to Palace in Vanahiem.” Thor rumbled quietly. Heimdal gave me a look of pure hatred as he twisted his blade and turned the Bifrost.

“It is done, My King.” He boldly spoke to Thor. I scoffed in Thor’s direction.

“Bet you’ll enjoy that title in my absence.” I spit venomously at him. Thor turned to me before entering the portal with a frustrated look upon his brow.

“The throne is a burden I no longer desire, Loki. You of all people should know that now. Jane Is more importa-“

“Ah yes, your lovely Jane. I forgot how weak she’s made you, how easily she wiped away your determination to rule.” Thor just laughed at my words. This was so odd to me. This was not the man that had almost destroyed the Jotuns because of a petty insult

“And I am grateful for it. Maybe someday you’ll find a woman to curb your determined ways and maybe then you’ll understand more than you do now.” I snorted. I had no time for the feeble mind of a woman. Power was so much more interesting.

Thor ended the conversation as he pulled me into the Bifrost’s portal. I felt my being wiped around and then my feet hit solid ground once more.

I opened my eyes and found myself standing in a matching Bifrost of Asgards except instead of the royal gold that glittered warmly; it was cold steely silver. I felt myself pulled by Thor towards a group of men that stood before us.

I took a deep breath as we approached. Wearing their silver metal armor, they looked formidable and fierce. I watched one step forward and bow to Thor. He was a rather big fellow. With beady black eyes and blond hair, he personally reminded me of a rodent.