11: Broken Up

Chapter 11: Broken Up

Cody's POV

"Right." I sarcastically replied, reopening my eyes.

"Avery, Jack, can you give us a moment?" Bianca requested, her blue eyes locked on mine; anger, disappointment, hurt and some other confusing emotions, swirling inside them.

"Uh, sure. Come on, Jacques." Avery kept her head down low as she grabbed Jacques' forearm and pulled him outside.

The door closed behind them, and instantly, Bianca slapped me.

I gritted my teeth. "What was that for? Bitch."

"That's for jumping to conclusions." she retorted, angrily.

"Jumping to conclusions? No, I believe it's you who 'jumped to conclusions'."

"Bullshit." Bianca hissed, and I realized something.

This girl standing before me, was not the girl I had comforted when her heart was broken. That girl was long gone because of me. I changed her. Or did I?

"Bianca, I can't do this if you always judge me." My voice almost cracked while saying that, but I managed to keep my tone steady.

"Judge you? You son of a-" Bianca took a step forward, she looked about ready to rip me to pieces.

"The deal is off." I interrupted.

Bianca froze. Her eyes hardened. "Smart choice. After all, we did go against our terms."

I frowned. What? Terms? I don't remember these terms- wait, now I do, we made up the terms when we were at school.

"'No emotions, no strings attached, nothing but the act. We can't get caught up with our feelings. If one of us cheats during this fake relationship, the other must act shocked and sad but they must be fake. Nothing real could be shown, except the friendship we have.'" She recited it like a poem, it was almost uncanny how Bianca remembered every word, almost as if she's been reciting it over ever since we made that vow/term.

I didn't say anything. I was too shocked, because I actually went against my own terms. I showed real emotion. Of course, we could show emotions like, happiness, excitement, a bit of sadness and stuff like that but we couldn't be hurt because of something the other did.

"Now, let's make it official shall we?" Bianca smiled, and walked out of the cabin.

I shook my head and followed her, putting my act on. "What is wrong with you, Bianca?!" I yelled at her retreating back, throwing my hands up in exasperation.

"What is wrong with me? No, Cody! It's you! It has always been you! You act like...like I'm not your girlfriend, you act like I'm just another slut!" Bianca turned back around, shouting back at me.

"Maybe you are." I smirked.

Campers started to surround us, all of them looking confused and surprised.

Tears started to run down her face, and the sad thing was... I didn't know if they were real or fake. "I hate you, Cody Taylor, and I never want to see your face again. We're over, done, through, finished." With that, Bianca turned on her heel and ran, the crowd parting for her.

"What are you looking at?!" I snapped at them. "Shows over, get outta here!"

The campers dispersed, murmuring things like 'that guy's a jerk' or 'poor Bianca, he doesn't deserve her', basically insults to me.

I saw Alice stare at me with hatred in her eyes a few yards away, I started towards her but she turned around band ran after Bianca before I could reach her.

A curse escapes me. Only Kyle, Cameron, Jacques and Lloyd were left now. All of them, except Lloyd, looked confused as hell.

"Cody... why did you do that? We thought you actually fell for Bianca, we thought... you were finally over Kristen." Kyle shook his head, he seemed genuinely disappointed.

"She was a nice girl," Cameron remarked. "Maybe a bit too nice for you." He sighed.

"Too nice? She's exactly like me! She swears, flirts with other guys, gets drunk, she's horrible." I exclaimed.

Jack chuckled. "Idiot. Bianca was only pretending, that's not her true self, we all know that. She just wanted to be around you, to fit in."

"Of course you would know. You were with her behind my back." I sneered.

"What?" Cameron and Kyle questioned simultaneously.

"You heard me." I smiled, coldly.

"Is that-" Cameron started.

"Hell to the no! I like Avery, not Bianca." Jacques rolled his eyes.

And boom. My world came crashing down all around me.

"Wait. Cody, is that why you broke up with her?" Kyle's eyes widened.

"No-ye-maybe?" I sighed.

"Idiot!" They chorused, including Lloyd.

Nice mates I have.

*************************************