Chapter Eleven.

Riddle was starting to piss Kelli off. Though she didn't have much reason to really fight it, or give up and call him Lord Voldemort, he was being persistent. And their chat when he first came in started to get to her, and she thought it was getting to him.

The only time he ever left her alone was when they both needed bathing or changing, they'd both go quite pink in the face any time the thought of revealing skin crossed their minds.

The summer holidays were long and tedious, though no longer boring. Because while she disliked being forced to live in the same room as Riddle, she enjoyed the entertainment of beating him on the occasion that she did.

One morning, an owl sat at the window and pecked on the glass. Kelli woke up, looking over her shoulder to the window and sat up when she saw the owl. An owl meant a letter from Hogwarts or her friends. But that was a Hogwarts owl for sure, holding two large, equally sized packages.

"Riddle, get up," she told him, heading to the window and lightly opening the window.

"I'd rather you called me Tom," he told her, getting up. He sounded groggy. He'd never said that before. "Tom is more forgivable than Riddle. More Toms in the world. Though that will also get you nowhere."

Kelli rolled her eyes, letting the owl in and taking the two packages and sending the owl off with a treat from the top drawer of her side of the dresser.

"That's quite disgusting," Tom told her and she handed him his package.

"And you're so inconsiderate, Tom," she told him.

He shrugged a shoulder and opened his package. He looked tired. Kelli started opening hers.

"I'm a prefect," said Tom, picking out the prefect badge. "I don't suppose you are, also."

Kelli pulled out her own badge, instead of being a P on a green and silver background like his was, hers was a P on a yellow and black background. She read through the instructions of being a prefect and sighed. "I'm going to have to do so much this year. OWLs and all this extra prefect duty. How am I going to sleep?"

"Like a normal prefect?" he offered unhelpfully.

She shot him an annoyed look. "Have you seen their grades? They suddenly become outstanding to acceptable students. As if I'm ever going to be acceptable."

"If you think yourself that pathetic than maybe I was incorrect about you," he told Kelli sharply.

Kelli looked up at him and fired back, "Good. Being perfect to you isn't what I wanted in my life."

His eyes narrowed.

"Anyhow, why would you even think I actually think myself that pathetic? I'm a better student than you. I've only ever lied to Professors and punched other kids. You're an actual bully."

"Maybe if you gave up reading about history that involves me somehow, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"Oh, but Tom, you're like my whole life," Kelli told him with false sincerity.

"I believed we had an unspoken agreement that we didn't flirt with the other," he said.

Kelli laughed. "I suppose. I apologise."

There was a fast set of knocks on their door, pounding on it very hard, minutes before they were all expected to be in bed. She got to her feet and Tom cleared his throat.

"Surely you're not -"

"I'm only reminding you that you have minutes," he said.

Kelli rolled her eyes, opening the door. Katie Snow was at the door with a very familiar looking letter. Kelli looked back at Tom, then back at Katie and said, "Come in."