Lies turns to Truths

Nicki

Working late hours as usual I locked up the shop heading to my car. I stood in the parking lot trying to see if I spotted my car in the about 20 cars that was there from other shops. Seeing my red BMW 2015 I went to it and got in.

Looking at the picture that displayed on my phone home screen of my precious twins that made me want to get home faster. Started the engine I went off to my house. Getting there I parked on the curb since there was a black Nissan parked in the driveway blocking the garage. Getting out I got all my files and locked my car door heading to the door. I unlocked it to fine the house dirty with toys all over the floor.

I heard my kids screaming upstairs. I sighed and put my folders down on the kitchen counter and went upstairs. Going in the twins room they threw pillows at each other.

"Daniella and Daniel come HERE" I semi yelled. The dragged their feet to me with pillows in their hands.

"Mommy he started it" my 6 year old daughter said.

"I don't care who started it..."

"Mommy I'm hungry" Daniella said trying to get off of the subject.

"You guys didn't eat"I asked. They both shook their head.

"And why not"

"Because daddy didn't give us food to eat" My 6 year old son said with a little attitude in it.

"Where is he anyways" I asked. They pointed up. Meaning the third floor. I took my heels off going up there with them on my tail and Noel his business partner came out.

"Oh hey Nicki" she said brushing her skirt a little.

"Hey what are doing here"

"Umm Dan and I have this big case coming up and he wanted to go over it before tomorrow"

"Oh ok...twins go show Noel the way out" I said. They assisted her downstairs and I walked in Dan's office. His tie was on top of the papers on his desk and he was typing on his phone. I cleared my throats and he looked up at me locking his phone he put it on his desk.

"Hey baby" He said getting up. He walked over to me trying to kiss my lips but I gave him my cheek instead.

"Why is it 1 in the morning and my kids are still up and you know they have school tomorrow AND their complaining to me that their hungry?" I said crossing my arms.

"Shit I'm sorry I forgot I was so caught up in the case I forgot that-"

"So your job is more important than your kids!" I yelled.

"Nicki calm down damn I
Just forgot...imma go and make them something"

"No you stay here and worry about your little case and I'll go and get my children situated" I walked out slamming the door and went down to them.

"Babies what you guys want"

"Ooh could we have fries and burgers" my son asked but my daughter disagreed scrunching up her face.

"I want pancakes" she said whining. They started arguing.

"Ok how about I'll go buy fries and burgers when you two get out of school till then we're going to eat pancakes" I said agreeing with my daughter knowing she would have a whole fit if she didn't get what she wanted but my son on the other hand he was chill and laid back. Making them their pancakes I cleaned up as they ate. I vacuumed the kitchen, living room, and dining room since they were carpets. I picked up the clothes that were suppose to be in the laundry room off of the living room and I picked up their toys putting them away.