Pilot~Part 2~Back to school thing at the Falls

"The battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls

"The battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?" Mr. Tanner lectured.

"Um... a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot."

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan, would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded 'jock' stereotype?"

"Its okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." Matt joked.

"Hmm. Elena?" Mr. Tanner asked, now irritated that nobody knew. "Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

"I'm sorry, I- I don't know." 'Lena apologized.

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena, but the personal excuses ended with summer break."

"There were 346 casualties unless you're counting local civilians." Stefan answered Tanner's question.

"That's correct. Mister..."

"Salvatore."

"Salvatore. Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?" Mr. Tanner asked him.

"Distant."

"Well, very good." Tanner continued. "Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

"Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss." I spoke up. "The Founder's archives are, uh, stored in Civil Hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts."

To say Mr. Tanner was pissed was an understatement.

"You know I could have you moved back to tenth grade, right?" He threatened.

"You know I could have graduated last year if I wanted to, right?" I sassed back. The whole class chuckled, and Mr. Tanner dismissed us, as the bell rang.

~