* * * * *

Kaiden landed in a big field and crouched to his knees. The long grass tickled his arms, but his mind grew lost. How could he hide having a connection with an angel? He knew that bonds cannot break, they will only become weak without each other.

Living on earth with him is not an option, he couldn't abandon his home or his mother. Maybe he could take her with him?

He shook his head and clenched his jaw. Life to him has always been unfair. Why did he have to be different, why did he have to be too conscious of his behaviour, thoughts and feelings? Although, being an average demon would have made him nothing. He would have been awful to his mother and not found the respect for her in which she needed.

He didn't know anything about Milokan, apart from the fact that he was training to assist guardian angels. How can he connect with someone without getting the time to know who he is attaching to? It seemed rushed and desperate.

"Lucifer, I hate you but please, whatever happens, don't hurt my mother," He thought and stood up. His heart and head were arguing for what he wanted. In the end, he'd only be hurting himself because he knew he would try and hide the bond to keep his pride intact.

Closing his eyes, he thought about the gates of hell and crossed his arms. Going home with a human soul would get him into trouble, he hoped for his life that the devil didn't smell an angels scent on him.

"Wait!" An angelic voice pierced through his ears, instantly spiking his heart. As soon as Kaiden opened his eyes, someone ran straight into him, knocking him to the ground. The small person landed on top of him, but by how the pain in his chest mellowed, he knew who it was. "Please do not leave me to die alone!"

Kaiden shielded his eyes from the sun and caught a glimpse of the desperation in the angel's eyes.

"Please Kaiden, we need to work this out together, we will die apart. I am ready to fight for my life, whatever it takes!" Milokan wasn't sure how he found the demon, he simply thought about him and allowed his wings to guide him. So far, they have not let him down. "I do not care what you have to say, I will fight for you too, even though I am not fond of-"

Kaiden sat up and pushed him away.

"You look weak when you beg."

Milokan's patience wore thin, and he smacked him across the face. It was neat and swift, making a perfect noise as the skin collided together.

"Will you be quiet and listen to me!" He yelled. "If you keep running from things that scare you, you will end up alone!" Kaiden was so shocked from is actions, he stayed silent and stared at the angel. The stinging on his cheek made him feel surprised because it hurt, oddly satisfied because he was brave enough to do it, and angry because an angel hit him. "We do not choose our fate; we can only follow and make it work."

Kaiden blinked, he could feel the warmth on his cheek, and he knew it was turning red from the impact.

"So, you can defend yourself?"

Milokan hated how he completely ignored what he was saying.

"Yes, well only a little. I get scared in challenging situations, but that is normal. Kaiden I-"

"I get it," He interrupted. "You're scared, but you're not running, how noble of you. But I'm not scared. I'm leaving because I don't want you in my life, there's a difference."

"You are a coward then. Running from things you do not want to face instead of resolving them."

"I can't resolve this though can I? Either we both try and go back home, or we abandon what we have and live on this dump of a world."