Chapter 2: Beloved Strangers

Start from the beginning

"You James really?" Chase says making me grin in return.

"Be smart babe, you know he's right. You would be too much too fast" Liam states eyeing Chase.

He huffs, "fine, where does she work?"

"Sue's Coffeehouse in town" I reply.

"We move slow, she's a human but we watch her. Eventually she'll feel the pull on some level."

"I can't believe it's really her" Liam remarks stroking his beard with a grin. There's a beep and he pulls out his phone. "Damn it, I have to go." He gets up giving us both a kiss before walking out the room.

"Are you going back to work?" Chase asks eyeing me.

            I smirk, "Nah"

            He grunts, "I'm going to take a shower." He drops his shorts and boxers before walking into the bathroom.

I know what he wants but I refuse to give it to him. I walk out the room going to the kitchen. I know he's going to be pissed later but fuck it. Chauncey is an Alpha that I met when I was nineteen. Automatically I knew he was my beloved. I stepped on his land accidently and he was called but a month prior he had already met Liam but I felt a pull to him too that's when I knew our bond was different from other mates. We moved into Chase's house on his land and my best friends moved here as well. Chase had to add to his house to accommodate all of us.

He and I butted heads the most, he likes to control everything and be the dominate one whereas I don't do well with rules and regulations and I like to dominate shit too. He's an alpha werewolf and I'm a vampire we were bound to butt heads. Luckily it didn't take long for us all to get shit together and work. Donté walks in with the girl Stephanie. Donté is Mar's twin brother, the only difference between the two is Donté has long dreads.

I eye her frame, she's his fuck buddy. "If you ever get tired of kids you can get a grown man." I joke.

She giggles and blushes but stops when she hears the growl. We turn to see Chase in the entryway. "I was joking Chase" I say with a laugh. The guy is mad possessive and I thought I was bad.

Don't make me fucking kill you. You know I hate that shit.  He says through our link.

I smirk, it's why I do it.

"We're going to leave. I just came by to say congrats" Donté says.

I shake my head, "can Mari keep anything to himself?"

He chuckles, "c'mon you know better."

He walks out with Stephanie and Chase sits next to me.  "Do you know what time she gets off?" he asks eyeing me.

I choke on my food and he hits my back, "no Chase I'm not a fucking stalker."

"Let's go."

"Are you serious? What are we going to do, sit around until she gets off and stalk her every move?"

"Yes" he says seriously.

"That's fucking crazy dude and you know it."

"I don't care now get the fuck up before I add to your punishment."

"Go by your damn self."

"Now James."

I exhale deeply getting up following him to his Range Rover. I tell him the directions to the shop and once we get there he parks the car across the street. This is fucking ridiculous. "If we must sit here all night I'm taking a nap" I say before getting comfortable in the seat.

**                                                        **                                **

When I wake the car is moving again. I rub my eyes yawning, "where are we going?"

"We're following her" he says as if it's a normal thing to do. I shake my head watching her walk. Once she stops it's at a cemetery. What is she doing here?

"What is she doing here?" he questions parking the car. We get out the car following her at a distance. We stay in the shadows when she stops at a grave.

"It's time Allen" she says. I glance at Chase and he's just as confused because there's nobody here but us and her. Who the hell is she talking to? "I know you're scared but you'll see your mother on the other side. I'm sure she's looking for you too." There's a long pause. "Just close your eyes and when you wake up she'll be there."

A minute or so passes by before she touches the headstone before walking away. What did we just fucking witness. We follow her to a house before going back home. When we get there Liam's car is in the driveway. We walk to the room to see him lying down shirtless.

"Where were you guys?" he asks.

"He made me stalk her" I say removing my shirt.

"What?"

"She went to the cemetery and was talking to someone that wasn't there."

He pops up, "she's Jordan Tyson."

"You know her?" Chase asks with an eyebrow raised.

"Not really, there was talk about a girl who could speak to the dead. She sent a colleague of mine to the psych ward. I never thought it was true nor did I ever think she'd be ours."

"She speaks to the dead?"

He nods, "apparently."

"Does anyone else in her family have the gift?" Chase asks sitting on the bed.

He shakes his head, "not that I've heard but she's supposedly cured."

"It's not a fucking disease to be cured of, it's a gift" I state lying down. He shrugs.

"Well we saw her tonight so she's obviously faking cured" Chase adds.

"I'll approach her tomorrow" I add hitting the light on my side. Not only do we have a forth but she's special. I got it wrong she's not a human she's paranormal.