6

"Distract John." Anthony told me.
We were all staying in the same hotel room again and we had to hide John's gifts.
I went in the room first and went straight to the bed John was sitting on and joined him.

"You did great today." I began.
He turned to face me, sitting criss-cross on the bed.
"Thanks for making me do that." He said.
"Of course. So what do you want for your birthday?" I asked.
"Oh I don't know," he shrugged.

"There's gotta be something." I urged.
"No, it's okay. I don't need anything, really." He assured me.
"Okay, suit yourself." I said. I'm glad Anthony knew what to get.
I looked back and Anthony was hanging out on the little couch.

I got off of the bed, looking at the other, where Flea was asleep and Chad was just looking at the ceiling.
"We got King sized beds this time. You can sleep on a bed this time." John told me.
"Oh okay." I said quietly, going back to the bed and sitting down again.

"You gonna claim a bed Antho?" I asked him, lowering my voice because Flea was asleep.
"Oh yeah sure." He nodded, getting off the couch and getting in Flea and Chads bed. I don't understand, John and I are like the smallest people, he would've had more room over here.

Maybe he wanted John and I to bond more.
Maybe that's just what I wanted.

John laid back and shut his eyes, so I figured it was time to sleep. I made sure not to hang off of John. I didn't want to be that person. Plus, I was their assistant. Not a groupie.

"Goodnight Frances!" Chad shouted.

I heard someone hit Chad, probably Flea.
"Night." I said, turning my back to John and closing my eyes.
"G'night Frankie." John mumbled.
"Night Johnny."

———

Short chapter, sorry! Hopefully a new chapter by tonight. It should be longer.