T H R E E. ↴|x

CHAPTER THREE

  ⇎CHAPTER THREE

||the heist||

" and then they found her "

***

"What if she doesn't let her back there?" Kate questions anxiously to Seth.

"She will, okay?" He reassures her. "You've got to relax. It's a good score, Kate. You did the work. And I know I didn't exactly make this easy on you, so... thank you for putting up with my shit." Kate gives him a small smile and I internally smirk at the two.

Seth and Kate's sweetness to each other makes me miss Kai. "You ready, partner?" Seth asks her and she nods with a big grin on her lips. He turns to me and I nod as well.

Getting out of the car, Kate and I walk into the hair salon.

"Puedo ir al baño por favor?" I ask the lady who's doing a woman's hair.

"No, mija, it's broken" She shakes her head and I give her a small smile.

"It's okay, I just need to wash my hands 'cause I ate churros." I tell her and hold up my hands. "Sticky." I smile sweetly.

She rolls her eyes and mentions to a door behind her.

"Gracias." I nod at Kate. I go through the door to the bathroom and look around for the door that leads to the vault. My eyes lock on another door and I start the running water.

Taking out the Key Seth gave me, I attempt to put it in but it doesn't budge. "Oh shit, not now." I groan and try again, with no success.

My heartbeat quickens and I feel myself getting hotter. I stand up looking for something else to open the door with and my eyes land on a fire extinguisher. I hurry over to it, taking it into my hands. Raising it over my head I slam it onto the handle, breaking it.

Laughing in joy I look up and mutter a thank you. I hear voices from outside so I run to a corner covered by boxes and hide. The door opens and I watch Seth come in quietly. Sighing in relief I stand up but the voices get louder.

Seth runs over and pulls me down to hide again. A man walks in and opens the vault, taking money out. The door Seth came through creaks and he turns quickly to it, drawing his gun.

Seth slowly starts to stand but I shake my head. Instead, I walk over to the man and tap his shoulder. As he turns I sink my fangs into his neck. Falling to the floor with a grunt, the man drops his gun and I reach to pick it up.

Moving past me, Seth runs over and starts stuffing a bag full of the money. After the safe is empty, Seth goes through the door he came from and I hurry back to the salon.

"Gracias." I say to the older lady and she nods, continuing the braid she's working on with Kate's hair.

"Okay come on, we gotta move." Seth says, rushing into the room and waving his hands for us to hurry up. Kate grabs her bag from the floor and slaps a bill on the counter. We go to move out but I watch as the lady reaches under the counter for a gun.

I grab Seth's gun from his pocket and aim it at her. "Not a good idea." I glare.

Seth takes out another gun and points it at the men.

"Let me tell you something." His voice starts, coming out strong as his hands wrap carefully around the gun. "And I know that you habla ingles, so don't even give me that look. I am not your enemy, and I am not your friend. I am simply here for what is mine. Now I understand that it was yours, but due to the unwritten rules of this life that you chose, it now belongs to me. So I'm gonna take it. This is who I am, you understand? It's what I do. But thank you for your cooperation. Adios."

And with that we leave the store, Seth holding onto both of our hands. As we walk out our eyes land on Rafa who has a smirk on his lips.

"We made it." Kate breaths and oh boy do I wish I had some wood to knock on because a split second later, a gunshot rings out and blood splatters all over us.

Kate screams and I feel the hunger growing in the pit of my stomach. Rafa falls to the floor and behind him stands a man in a long coat and a cowboy hat.

Something about him is very familiar and Seth starts shooting at him. When the bullets do nothing, Seth drags us away but the people from the salon begin shooting as well.

Seth manages to get two of the guys down but he runs out of bullets as the older lady pulls out her shotgun. Seth shoves us down and it reminds me of the time Richard pushed me down at the temple to stop me from being impaled by stakes.

Another gunshot sounds and as we look up the man is standing in front of us, gun aimed at Seth. "Long way from Kansas Mr. Gecko."

~

I'm really sorry for how short this is but I wanted to update.

Leave a comment and don't forget to vote!