O N E . ↴|

CHAPTER ONE

||opening night||

||opening night||

" and just like that she was back in again "

***

And now begins the ancient word.

The sun sleeps below the sky, and the world turns upside down.

In the night, we make our feast.

For centuries we danced for them, the blood-gatherer, the bringer of souls.

We've brought them the lost ones, the troubled ones, the desperate ones.

Now we are free, and the world turns upside down again.

They are thirsty for revenge, and nothing will stop them.

No boundaries, no borders.

They will come for us, but I am coming for them.

Their empire of blood will fall, and I will not rest until it all burns.

~~

"¿Estás listo?"

"Si." I say to the young man next to me.

"Ladies and gentlemen," The announcer starts. "Savea and Kai!" Music begins playing and we start our dance, really getting into the music.

Kai spins me, my dress twirling to the fast paced music. With a yank, he pulls me back to his chest and dips me.

As we finish the crowd goes wild and club music starts playing again. I laugh, giving Kai a kiss. Walking to the front of the stage where the stairs are, I walk down to the ground level and look around at everyone jumping around and having fun

I love this place. It's a club, just like my old job. The difference is that instead of strippers we have actual performers and even the workers get to perform once and a while. That was what tonight was for me and Kai, a night where we get to take a break from our usual jobs here and have fun. I'm bartending like I used to and Kai is the DJ.

Sometimes when I'm serving drinks I still feel like I'm in Texas. It feels like so long ago that I was taken as a hostage by the infamous Gecko brothers.

Walking outside I hear the roars of the racers in their cars. It's been 3 months since I was turned and 2 months since I left Seth and Kate. Things were okay with us, I just couldn't stay with them. They both hate Culebras, and now, I was one of them.