The Beast (14)

Super important note at the end! Please read it!
-----------------------------------/////----------------------------

I slowly walked up to the front doors of the school,wanting to get out of here, with my hood up and my head down as I tried to ignore the obvious stares directed my way from the surprised people in the hall.

Adrian wasn't with me again.

We had made up and everyone in school knew about it, seeing how we went to school together and how he was holding onto my hand like it was his lifeline in the morning.

So why were we separated again?

Adrian was called by a teacher concerning how he hasn't passed any of his due assignments recently and he had to make up for it by staying after in school classes and doing some activities while being monitored by the teacher.

So... I had to go home alone for at least two weeks.

I sighed softly, pressing myself closer to the wall when a small blonde girl gaped at me like she saw a ghost and started pointing.

It was still day one and I was already wanting Adrian to be here with me...

I almost gasped at the thought. I was starting to sound clingy.

"Hey! Isn't that Miss Freaky over there?"

At the sound of the familiar voice, I paled, feeling like crumpling into a heap on the smooth, tiked floors.

No God no... Please no.

I hurried my steps, hoping to escape before he caught up with me but as I reached out for the door, I was yanked back by a hand tugging on my backpack and I stumbled backwards, landing on the floor with a painful thud, the bag on my back only making the fall more painful.

I gasped in pain and looked up, my wide green eyes colliding with familiar cold hazel ones. They seemed even more cold today, full of hunger...hunger for blood.... my blood.

I gritted my teeth, looking away and attempted to stand, hearing his dark chuckle that tore through the silence like a sharp blade. I shivered in fear.

"And where are you going?" He grabbed my arm roughly and I stifled the urge to yelp as he lifted me up until we were eye to eye.

His lips were curled up into a dark, sinister smile and his dark brown hair seemed more disheveled than usual.

Everyone else just stared, not bothering to even stop this. But I expected this...they never did help me before when he did his best to make sure I felt like hell without killing me.

They watched as he made me suffer...

And he was Erick Blythe, the man on top, the school prince, Mr. popular, the man girls wanted, and the man the guys envied. On top of the food chain, he got what he wanted when he wanted.

And he wanted me suffering by his hands...

But Adrian came around and I think Erick's been pissed, seeing that he wasn't the most feared boy in school anymore and he couldn't do anything to me anymore since the Beast has been sticking by my side since day one.

I should have expected him to take the chance when Adrian wasn't there but he hasn't tried anything the past few weeks. And my mistake was to let my guard down.

"Well, well... Where's your knight in shining armor Freak?!" I flinched when he spat the last word out and I tried tugging my arm out of his grip but it didn't even make a difference. His grip was still strong, actually starting to hurt and I was sure it was going to bruise.