2: Falling in Love

You and the company of dwarves had just finished preparing dinner. The hobbit, who's name you now know is Bilbo, looked more than a little overwhelmed by the mess created and by the barren shelves his pantry.

Everyone had just started to eat when Fili stood up from the table.

"Come with me," Fili whispers in your ear.

He grabs your hand and leads through a maze of hallways. Who knew that one small hobbit could need such a large living space!

He picks up speed until the two of you are running. Finally, Fili stops, turns a corner and pulls you into an empty room.

Before you know it, his lips are on yours. You wrap your arms around his neck, close your eyes, and lean into the kiss.

"(Y/N) I think I'm in love with you," Fili whispers in your ear.
"I-I think I'm in love with you too Fili," You look down at your feet before raising your eyes to meet Fili's. His striking grey-blue ones staring into your deep chocolate-coloured ones.

Fili and you both share the same smile on your faces. You stand on your tiptoes and press his body against the wall. Your lips connect with his with a tremendous amount of passion. Fili puts his hands around your waist.

You both pull away. The two of you smile before turning back towards the entrance. You immediately stop and look to see Bofur standing in the doorway.

"Ehm... I hope I'm not interrupting anything... but the rest of the company is waiting for you two to finish supper so we can move on to dessert," Bofur awkwardly points in the direction of the dining room.

"Ah, yes, sorry Bofur. We were um just heading back." Fili says.

Bofur looks at the two of you holding hands and smiles before walking ahead of you, whistling to himself.

Fili hugs you from behind and kisses the top of your head before the two of you head back to dinner.