Chapter 48: Igniting The Hope

Start from the beginning

Plutia flinched and was knocked backwards while Terra turned back round "Well, well...it seems the boy has some backbone to strike back at my divine form. Good...but that's all you're getting" as it to demonstrate this Plutia flew right at Terra, who did try to slice at her a few times before preparing "Tornaraid swo-" but was cut out with a kick from Plutia to his right leg, a blunt sword blow to his chest before Plutia back-flipped to strike his chin and send him into the air.

It was then as Plutia landed back on her feet, she flew up to meet with the airbourne "Now...Whipping Viper!" with her fragmented sword, she continually struck Terra with sharps blows, some of the girls grimacing before she went for a kick "Now for this finish"

"No!" Terra tried to shield himself with arms crossed but Plutia just powered through with a kick to his chest sent him smashing into the ground.

As Plutia landed wearing an anxious look, Terra was on his back until he slowly grimaced – his clothes fairly ruined – and picked himself up "Jeez...Plutie isn't holding back here" said Neptune almost looking away

"Terra can't seem to get a good move in" said Vert "I can see why he choose to test his strength against her"

"No...I think there's another reason" said Falcom "Why he challenged her?"

"Then he'd better figure out soon" said Blanc "Or this is going to be a one-sided victory"

"Terra...come on! You can do it!" called Compa

"Fight back Terra, go on!" called Peashy.

Terra was panting, his body bruised while Plutia seemed...unconvinced "You challenged me to a duel...and this is all you have to offer? I'm frankly disappointed Terra, it's obvious you can't win in this fight"

"I know that already" he said being honest "But I'm not done yet. I've got to keep going...until I know I can hack it"

"Words are meaningless...show me through your actions"

 "Fine...I'll fight you like I mean it" Terra clenched his hands and with a call to the sky his hair turned to the colour of purple with pink highlights

"The purple Form?" asked Plutia "And here I thought green was a good colour...but kindly show me the man you are"

Terra was about to charge but himself shivering a bit "This feeling...what is it, it's not fear. It doesn't matter" with that he dashed forward with greater speed than normal jumping right at Plutia, who although blocked him was pushed by him for a considerable distance

"It's not enough Terra!" with a knee to his gut, Terra was stopped before Plutia danced to the side, grabbed his arm and swung him up "Show me more" Terra recovered and went into an aerial sword clash.

Terra parried and struck back at Plutia, this time managing to get in some attacks but Plutia was in better condition – and had the gift of flight – and slowly overpowered Terra striking his face with the blunt edge of her sword. As she went for a series of kicks, Terra held on and blocked each one with his arms "This feeling within me...it's getting stronger" he felt his body tingly all over, his muscles itchy "It feels...nostalgic"

It was then Plutia kick harder through the air, before extending her sword to coil around Terra, body covered and all before she then pulled him close and with a powerful blow, struck his stomach making him lurch, drop his sword his hair colour fade and the others to flinch before she 'undid' her sword and drop-kicked him hard with a smash into the ground, with the sword clanging soon afterwards.