Chapter 48: Igniting The Hope

Start from the beginning

"Let's just say Iffy...we've got a few plans in place in-case things go wrong"

"If you say so

Terra made it outside of Planeptune to the open battlefield...where the others awaited him. In a small audience the other CPU's and Falcom gathered with Plutia awaiting him in HDD form "And there he is...the man of the hour" said Plutia as Terra stepped forward "It seems we've got quite a group gathered here"

"It...seems so" said Terra "But they didn't all have to come"

"I think their reason is the same as mine" said Vert "They wish to oversee the answer you find for yourself"

"Terra...you'd better be ready for this" said Neptune "For there's no easy mode option in this fight"

"Final chance to back out here" said Noire "Don't be stupid"

"We won't have that choice against Arfoire Noire" said Terra "You heard her! And I have to do this..." he extracted his sword "or I'll be nothing but dead weight" and then he discarded his sheath

"But Terra...!" called Nepgear but a firm hand from Falcom stopped her

"Don't stop him Nepgear" This is something he has to do"

"I have to agree with her little Nepster" said Neptune looking serious "Terra has his own little demons...that he needs to work out. This fight needs to happen"

As the group fully gathered Terra took one deep breath he prepared himself with a fighting pose while Plutia swung out her arm to forge her sword "Well terra...I hope your prepared for...I won't hold back! Well then...when your ready Terra"

"Here I come!" Terra darted forward with sword by his side with Plutia flying to him until with sword swings they clashed bouncing each other off. Plutia recovered a bit faster and extending her sword to a whip, struck down but Terra deflected the first strike and came in once again with a sword.

Terra slashed a few times, Plutia parrying his blows until he came down "Fierce Edge!" but Plutia went round to his side, and dealt a strong knee making him cough (the other's flinch) before she struck a right hook to his face and then spinning round kicked him again in the chest.

Terra scraped himself to stop, with Plutia already upon him. Terra struggled to parry her own sword swings, nearly each one knocking him off-balance but Plutia went for a low-kick to trip him up and as she went for a kick, Terra reacted with a hand down on her extended thigh to bounce over her before swinging out with a sword swing that she jumped away to avoid, but not before extending her sword and coiling it around Terra.

Terra struggled to free himself but Plutia flew up and with a strong swing, lifted him right up and then with a swing slammed him into the ground harshly. Some of the girls couldn't watch as Plutia continually slammed him, until rapidly swinging him as if a spinning top before 'throwing' him to the ground to which at the last minute Terra rolled backwards to land, although scraping a considerable distance.

Terra got up, already showing some decent damage to his body as he got up with sword at the ready "It seems...you've grown quite sturdy. Many a...willing participant often falls already from my...brand of punishment. So...let's continue" Plutia came down with Terra readying himself to which as she struck down, Terra smoothly evaded before lightly back-punching Plutia's neck, at the base, to knock her a bit off-balance before with sword drawn "Critical Edge!" he went passed her with a single slice.