The World of The Living

"Boss we have got a new location, Rome

"Boss we have got a new location, Rome." I speak to the phone.

"Follow the target to her next destination." The boss replies in a commanding manner. 

"We have, and now we have allocated to a new apartment." I make sure to let him know we are a step ahead, but his response is different from what I expected.

"Why am I only learning about this now? Ghost, you must tell me everything, when she left, why she left, what she is doing, what moves you make, what actions you are about to take. You breathe, I must know. Got it?" He speaks so fast and the faster it gets the louder it gets.

"Yes, boss." I comply.

"I choose you for this job because I trust you will find him. Don't make me change my mind." Once again I reply with a yes and he asks me if I know about, "any more news?"

"She hasn't made any contact with John yet. I believe he is leaving clues." I update him on her involvement, or should I say, lack of involvement with John.

"Still with his childish tricks. He likes playing puzzle but he will lose at the end. Have you got a hold of them?" He speaks in a bitter tone.

"No, she would suspect they are gone, but we took pictures of the notes."

"Send them and also pass the phone to Snake, I must speak to him privately," I call in Snake to attend the phone.

I pretend to leave the apartment, by heading to the door and closing it so that he hears it. It is not common for the Boss to want to speak to Snake privately unless he wants him to do something without me knowing. So I eavesdrop on Snake, to make out of the conversation between him and the Boss.

"No, but he is spending a lot of time in the field." Snake speaks quietly. "We may need Hermes for this, he is the best in his area." 

He is sending in Hermes, why is it such a big deal if I know or not? I think. 

The Boss knows I will find out soon enough since he will be staying with us. There is something he is not telling me, and Snake knows about it.

"Yes, I will send him in tomorrow once she arrives at her hotel. We are on the lookout today." I hear the click of the phone once he hangs up. 

I take a few minutes and open and close the door to insinuate my entrance back into the room.

"Boss will be sending Hermes in tomorrow, he will take our private jet tonight." He tells me before walking away to the bathroom. Before he closes the door, he turns back to speak.

"Ah and I almost forgot, Linda, will be coming with Hermes! Boss' orders." He states before laughing loud and clear.

My eyes open wide at his statement, I cannot believe she will be coming over. She is so stubborn and can't take a no for an answer, I bet that she will stalk me as much as the Boss stalks John and Anna.

"Why? She is not significant for the mission. Plus I don't need any of her heated anger at the moment." Snake knows how to anger me, he knows Linda and I were dating when no one else knew, he knows she is a tough person to deal with. Still, he takes the opportunity to make it worse by telling me that she is coming over.

"Distraction, well she is significant and you know why. You wouldn't mind me getting some of her attention, would you?"

I am about to tell him I could care less about her, but it would be too obvious and he would suspect me staying with her just to get closer to the Boss. Fortunately, before I am able to say anything he laughs once again and says that "This is all just a joke, you looked somewhat uptight just there. She is not coming over."

The feeling of relief is an understatement. I cannot handle more than I have to. Noticing my state Snake takes a moment before walking closer to me. He looks right into my eyes and says with a very malicious voice.

"You are a dead man in the world of the living." I take a step closer and whisper-yell in his ear.

"Than you better not cross me, because you will end up liking hell more." He takes a step back and bows for fun before laughing on his way back to the bathroom.

I couldn't have agreed more with his statement. I do feel like a dead man, especially because I have two identities. 

It is hard to keep two identities without anyone figuring out who you are. To the Boss, I am Ghost, to Anna I am no one. Although I was trained by John when I was younger, I haven't heard from him since he left Anna. I want to be part of this mission in order to find and make him aware of the danger he is in. I need to find him before Snake or Hermes does, even before Anna. She is too involved in this, but if she does find John she will be in greater danger.  

Soon she may too, be a dead man in the world of the living, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen.