Prologue

She stood there with her bangs, long lashes, and light and blond hair-- just beautiful. People could be deceived by such looks, after all, she looked perfect. Everything a girl could be jealous of, with her pretty good looks and personality: gracious and kind. She held a great power that could take a guy by his collar and leave him hanging oblivious to why she left. 

Nonetheless, she could not be anyone's because for her she was nobody. It is true people envied her but she was unaware of this attention. She only craved for one's attention, but she was never able to make in time. She was "too young to remember her father's death", people believed it was her way to cope with the loss in order to prevent the little girl from breaking. However, she would never forget what happened on the night of her father's murder but she has never told anyone about it. 

In 2006, cops surrounded the white deadly house that once used to be so lively with bright full smiles of a loving family. It was all lost in that night when Mr. Blackwood was murdered. Anna was seven by then, playing at her friend's house till late. Her father promised to take her home that day, but he never came. It started to get very late so her friend's mother decided to take her home, but by the time they came back her house was filled with cops. 

Red and blue, almost like a blur of colors displayed the cops' car. One of the cops left the front door with plastic bags holding items, one in particular caught her attention. A photograph of her father and mother holding Anna when she was a baby. Until today the cops were unable to explain what happened that night because there was not enough evidence to conclude or lead to any suspicious murder, and they close the case. 

After the incident, her aunt took custody and took care of Anna. She grew up with her aunt in San Diego, and is now a beautiful 18 years old woman.  Regardless to say, she was never able to forget her father, her appearance made up for her true broken self. It's true, smiles can cover up many lies just like truthful words lefts unspoken. However, the course of events from the past will always be part of who she is now. It's not only because of the death of her father, but it's because she was never able to tell anyone the truth. The truth that it was not her father who died. She may look beautiful but has always felt broken since that night.

Hey reader,

Thanks for taking your time to read the prologue of my new story! I have just written this prologue, but if I see that this idea could actually turn into a story, I will carry on :) so make sure to comment your suggestions. I'm open to any ideas and I truly appreciate your interest!

Best regards,
Mariana
P.S. The picture of the little
girl is Anna when she was 7.

 The picture of the little girl is Anna when she was 7

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Deceiving Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें