As Jordan gave Chelsea a flat look, I felt myself stiffen up. I knew that she was just kidding, but it didn't make me any less upset about what happened.

"I'm going to have Jesse with me this time," Jordan smiled at her friend, grabbing onto my hand and holding it tightly. Now that we were dating out in the open, we could do things like this in public and not worry about what anyone thought. "So everything's going to be fine."

Looking down at her, I smiled as well. My hand gripped hers even tighter, and we all began walking toward the giant grass field where graduation was being held. There were hundreds of people sitting in the crowd as they waited for all the seniors.

Once we reached our places, we were told to get in alphabetical order. I had a valedictorian stole around my neck, as did Jordan. She stood about fifteen people ahead of me, and every few minutes, she'd turn around and give me a smile. I felt my heart jump every time she did it.

Pomp and Circumstance started playing, and I tried getting Jordan's attention a few times, but she stayed where she was, looking nervous and shy. Soon enough, we'd be on stage repeating our valedictorian speech like we practiced time after time before.

The graduating class walked down the aisle and to the stage. Seats were all set out in the front rows for us, and we sat down in the same order we stood in.

"Welcome," Matthew began with a bright smile, "to the official graduation of the class of 2011..."

This was it. I was finally going to graduate, and soon I'd be off to college. After this, I'd be starting my new life without any worries and Jordan by my side. Hunter was locked away and he couldn't hurt Jordan nor I ever again. I'd finally know what freedom feels like.

After Matthew finished with his introduction, he called Daniel Watts up to the stage. He was the class president, and I hardly listened, the same way I did during the first graduation.

"And now," Matthew announced, stepping back up to the podium. I started listening now, waiting for my name to be called. "Our valedictorians, Jordan Emery and Jesse Jacobsen."

The crowd erupted, and I glanced at Jordan to see that she looked surprised by all this positive feedback. I was a little surprised myself, but it wasn't like I was expecting them to boo us off the stage.

"Hi, I'm Jordan," she introduced herself after we walked up to the podium. I had to tell myself not to grab her and kiss her while we were in the middle of our speech, because I'm sure she'd upset and embarrassed. "And this is Jesse. Thank you for joining the graduating class of 2011 during this very exciting time..."

Her hand slipped into mine, and I looked down to see that the podium was hiding it. Even if it wasn't it wouldn't have mattered. Our relationship was out in the open, and everyone knew about it. The thought itself made me realize that a lot can change in a few months.

"The last time we were together, we kind of got interrupted," I laughed nervously, not wanting to get a poor reaction from the crowd. When they started to laugh a little, I calmed down. "But I can assure you that nothing like that is going to happen during this ceremony. The man who had caused that all, Hunter Drax, is behind bars and he will be there for the rest of this life."

Loud cheers came from the audience, and I smiled at Jordan, holding her hand tightly. Everything was over. Hunter was locked away and here we stood, getting ready to graduate. It felt like it was only yesterday when I ran into Jordan in the ice cream parlor and fell in love with her immediately.

"We'd like to have a moment of silence for Alexandria Quirk," Jordan informed everyone, closing her eyes and bowing her head slightly. I did the same, hoping that wherever she was, she was happy. After thirty seconds, Jordan raised her head and continued the speech.