Eleven

After my very tiring day with Monica at the mall I stayed home and was currently spending my time with Max and a bowl of mini pizza cupcakes. I admit its not the healthiest choice of snacks but who cares.

My phone vibrated from my desk and I got up to check who it was.

'Hey' it was from Parker.

I ignored it. I know I shouldn't act like this but I can't help but feel upset that he was with that girl and didn't tell me.

Yet maybe that was his cousin or his sister. I sighed. "What do I do Max?"

He came to my side and licked my leg.
'Hey' I texted back.

I went back to my bed and averted my attention to my laptop.

Max whined from the foot of my bed. "Come on then," I hit the top of my bed so he could climb on. Instantly he shook his head and motioned for the door.

"Ugh max come on," I groaned. He barked at me. "Fine let's go," I grabbed his leash from my desk and put my sandals on. I quickly grabbed my phone and went downstairs to the back.

I made sure to leave the door unlocked.

"Let's go then," Max pulled me to the beach and the cold wind hit my face.

We began walking down to the shore for some sticks so I can play fetch with him. Untying his leash, I let him go off to the water and I sat down on the sand.

The waves were crashing and the cool air made me pull my cardigan tighter around me. I could hear the noise from the pier and everyone having fun there.

My phone started ringing and I immediately answered when I saw it was my mom. Her face appeared on the screen.

"Hi mom," I greeted. "Hi sweetheart, sorry I've been busy here, your grandma is throwing a party for Fi," she sighed.

I nodded in understanding. "She always gets crazy when it comes to planning party's."

"So how's it been? Your dad told me about what happened at the doctors," she whispered. I closed my eyes lightly.

"I lost control, I just couldn't handle it and something happened," I sighed. My moms face turned angry.

"I know what those kids did to you Kim, when I get there I'm gonna give them a piece of my mind." I chuckled.

"Mom it's okay I'm getting over it."

"No it's not okay, after everything that you've been through and then causing your attack in the clinic I won't let them get away with that!"

I felt a pair of lips on my cheek and instantly turned to see Parker grinning down at me.

"Hey baby," he kissed me on the lips.

"Parker!" I pushed his face away from the camera.

"Kimberly who was that?!" My mom yelled from the phone. I winced. Parker put his hand over his mouth and his eyes widened.

"No one! I'll call you back mom," the last thing I heard was her yelling through the phone that I owe her an explanation.

"I'm so sorry," he sat down next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I quickly glanced to make sure Max was okay.

"I was going to your house when I saw you sitting here, thought I'd come join you," he shrugged.