One

96 degrees.

96 freaking degrees. I could put a fresh rack of cookie dough on the hood of my mom's car and they'll be perfectly baked in an hour or two I bet.

Nothing beats the 'nice' Californian sun in the summer right? Wrong.A nice snowy mountain, a pretty lightning storm, maybe a refreshing rainstorm? Can I at least get that a nice refreshing breeze?!

"Kimberly??" the voice above called me. The voice being my mother.

"Yes?" I opened one eye, the sun glaring in my face. "Are you finished packing? your dad is coming in 20 minutes," my mom slapped the top of my forehead and walked back inside the house.

I got up from my spot on the lounge chair and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I could feel the heat from the brick path searing through my sandals and into my feet. "Kimberly apurese!!"

"Ya voy!" crap. I haven't even packed.

I rushed into the house and into my room. I was going to stay at my dads for the summer because my mom was leaving the country with my little sister and my mom wasn't letting me stay here alone.

"He's here, hurry up," my mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Crap," I stuffed some pj's, two pairs of jeans, a dress,and some band t-shirts into my duffel bag. I sprayed some perfume and picked up my black 'authentic' vans.

I remember I had tried so hard to keep these shoes clean and would wipe off any spot of dirt. And now they're looking clean and old at the same time, if that makes sense.

The duffel bag hit against my side as I rushed out of my room and into the living room where my dad was waiting by the door, not coming inside.

"I thought you said 20 mintues," I kissed him on the cheek and gave him my duffel. "Yeah I decided 20 seconds," he smiled at me. "Okay well go say bye to your mom I'll wait in the truck for you." I nodded and went back inside.

"Bye mom," I hugged her. "Please be careful, and I know for a fact you don't have everything you need in that one duffel bag, so I'm leaving you a key," she smiled and wiped a tear from her face.

"Mom I'll see you at the end of the summer, it's gonna be okay," I smiled at her and gave her one last hug.

"Is William taking you to the airport?" she nodded. "Okay well tell Fifi I love her too."

I grabbed the extra key and walked out the door. My dad was waiting in the drive-way inside his truck.

"Hey," I shut the door and put the key in my jean pocket.

"What did your mom tell you?" he put his arm behind my headrest and looked to the back. "Just the usual."

"Check my side." I turned my head to see if any cars were coming. "You're fine."

He backed out of the driveway and onto the street.

"So who's taking her and Fi to the airport?" he asked.

"Will," I looked at him.

"I really hate that guy," his grip tightened on the steering wheel.

My dad is extremely petty.

"You can't hate him dad, you don't even know him," I sighed.

"So, I hate him" he chuckled. I laughed and he kept driving.

We got to his house around 45 minutes later.