Chapter 38- 'Any sane person would be halfway to Mexico by now.'

A/N: I have a virus on my laptop and it won't let me upload any photos, read any of my inboxes without it overheating and almost setting everything withint a ten foot radius on fire so i apologise if i have no used a banner you have sent me or not replied to your inbox. I have somehow managed to upload this without my laptop exploding which is a miracle in itself.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it! there are at least five chapters left of this book so no, this is not the epilogue or anything.

--

When you watch horror films or any film where someone goes through a massive trauma, you never really see what happens once the bad guy dies. You just see the survivors looking relieved and proud of themselves because they had made it.

What you don’t see is the next gruelling hours of police questions and doctors checking every fold, crease and hole of your body to make sure you’re okay.

Once Archie and I finally got off of the roof and the police realised that we were not the ones who they had to place under arrest, we fell into an ordeal that was almost as bad as the whole hostage situation itself. It was a blur.

I briefly remember multiple police officers pulling Archie away as he refused to leave Alex’s body. Finally, after a lot of fighting and comments of ‘get off me you doughnut eating useless pricks’ they managed to persuade Archie to get in the ambulance and go to the hospital.

Once we reached the hospital, I felt another panic rush through my body as they took Archie into another ward. The doctors reassured me that I would see him again shortly, but for now I had to make sure I was okay. Then what came after was a lot of prodding and poking, a few x-rays and this weird test that involved the doctor poking me with this needle then asking me how much it hurt from a scale of one to ten.

I think my reply of ‘you’re stabbing with a needle, it’s a ten you bellend’ made him realise that his test was beyond idiotic. I didn’t care though, I knew these people were trying to help me but I had nothing left inside, least of all patience, after everything that had happened.

Alex was gone. He was actually gone. As I sat in the hospital bed once the doctors finally left me alone, I started crying again as it hit me.

I looked around the bright room and realised this was the first time in days that I had been completely alone. It was the first time I had not had Archie with me, or one of my friends. It dawned on me how much I didn’t like it.

I needed to see him, I needed to make sure he was okay and I think the only thing that would calm me down once I was alone was having him with me.

I climbed out of bed and walked straight out of the room, tying the robe around my body a little tighter as I walked through the corridor of the hospital. I went up to one of the counters where a woman was tapping on a computer keyboard and asked her where Archie was, to which she told me then said it was best if I get back to bed. I ignored her and went to the room she had told me.

Once I found it, I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw him through the glass window of the door. It was like my nerves were finally calm. I had been so used to having him -or anyone- with me the entire time back at the school it didn’t feel right to be on my own.

I opened the door and walked in, seeing his head turn in my direction.

“They let you out of your room?” Archie asked in surprise “They've done everything but chain me to this fucking bed.”

I smiled faintly “How are you? Anything broken?”

I took in his now cleaned up face. He had a few stitches on his forehead from the fight with Bradley, his left eye was swollen and it was a purple yellow colour. He had scratches all over his face, another bruise on his cheek and his bottom lip was cut and slightly swollen.