"All of these are about a sorceress," Kenna said after a few minutes. "Do any of them mention her name?" She asked moving yet another aside.

"No, nothing I could find," Loki replied and he slid up next to her. "Does it matter? Her name?"

Kenna didn't look up from the text she was reading. "Seems she is the power behind the sword, and our only chance of defeating Harokin's immortal soldiers...it would be good to know who we are facing," Kenna drug off and glided her fingers over another text. Loki leaned closer to her, his arm brushing hers as he read over her shoulder. "My teachers used to say there is power in names. Especially with magic users."

Loki nodded and the movement had him brushing against her again. Kenna was surprised to find herself far from unaffected by the prince's proximity. She could feel how close he was almost as though he were giving off a faint electrical charge.

"They only ever refer to her as Harokin's Love," Loki continued and it seemed as though he were entirely unconscious of there being anything between them. "She is identified by a small number of the texts as The Dark Elf Sorceress. Which is more than most," Loki sighed and spun away in frustration as he resumed his pacing.

Kenna watched the prince's gliding gait as he moved back and forth across the large room in long strides. She had watched him move and fight in Alfheim, but it never ceased to amaze her how one as tall as he could move so silently. The God of Mischief he was called. It was no wonder, combined with his magic he would be nearly impossible to detect if he wished to remain hidden.

Loki stopped suddenly, spinning back to face her. "When we were in Alfheim, you identified the ruins of the palace," he said pointing at her.

Kenna stilled as Loki uttered words she had hoped he wouldn't. She nodded however, pressing her lips together in an uncertain line. There were so many questions, questions she wasn't ready to answer.

"Did you notice anything else standing? Any other significant structures in the area? There had to be a reason for Harokin's army to camp there. What was around the palace before?" He asked his questions hurriedly as though the answers would allude him if any additional time passed.

Kenna shook her head. "No, there was nothing else, and there wouldn't be. The palace was the only thing in that part of the forest for miles. It wasn't like Asgard with a city around the palace. The palace was the city. All the people, the court, artisans and priests lived within it's walls," she explained.

Loki cocked his head curiosity slowing him for a moment. "So you lived there?" he asked.

Kenna nodded and hoped he wouldn't ask more about her personal past. She didn't want him to know, and couldn't lie to him. 

Loki stilled as another thought occurred to him. "You said the priests lived there?"

"Yes," she replied quickly, thankful the prince's quick mind had already moved on to another point. 

"And that was where they practiced?" He clarified.

Kenna stilled as she followed Loki's line of thought. "Yes. The temple was at the very heart of the palace."

"In the very heart of Alfheim," Loki's voice was grave.

Kenna bit her lip. "If there is any power to be had, it would be there," she confirmed.

Loki nodded running a hand through his short dark hair. "And if there is any power left, then there is a chance that all the power is left."

Kenna blinked at Loki, trying to understand. She had never studied magic. She had been considered too young and hadn't shown an affinity for it. "If magic can never be created or destroyed, and it returned there..."