Chapter 6 Part 2

Richie didn't mind it when Allison's head leaned softly against his shoulder as she'd fallen asleep  which he was sure she didn't intend to. He almost enjoyed the feeling of her leaning against him, but couldn't push away the nagging need to have her lying on top of him like this in bed after doing something that would award her a well-deserved good nights rest. Jesus this woman was like heroin for his thoughts.

Even so, when she began to stir awake all he wanted to do in that moment was stroke her head and ease her back to sleep. He knew she needed the peace that came with sleep due to the of stress and anxiety she must have been feeling being so far away from home and getting ready to do a heist with people she'd barely known. It was more or less what he felt when he'd done his first heist with Marty so many years ago. He was a different person back then, innocent, no blood on his hands, a good man. Not anymore.

Thankfully she didn't wake, only shifted closer to Richie in her sleep, now placing an arm over his waist and leaning deeper into him in her seat which caused him to smile automatically. Whether she liked it or not, she trusted him subconsciously and she didn't even know it. When he heard someone clear their throat, he looked up to see Ricky and Ronnie who were now staring at the two of them with their eyebrows raised.

"Anything I can help you with?" Richie challenged his younger brothers.

They put their hands up in unison in a form of surrender.

"Nope, just an interesting site to see, that's all." Ronnie said.

"Spare her the embarrassment and don't comment on this when she wakes up." Richie warned his brothers in a protective instinct over Alli. 

"You got it." Ricky verbally acknowledged as Ronnie just sent a nod over at Richie.

The driver finally pulled into the driveway lobby at the hotel and the boys "yessed" in anticipation.

"Finally," Ronnie commented as he stepped out of the now parked vehicle.

"Oh what not enough room in the big-ass limo for you?" Ricky joined him outside.

"Not nearly enough," Ronnie answered before he leaned into the car peering at Richie and Ali. "Actually I take it back, these two made sure I'd have a lot of room." Ronnie winked at Richie who sent him back a death glare.

"Start getting our shit out of the car, both of you." Richie said in low voice as not to disturb Allison who was still sound asleep on his shoulder with his arms now wrapped around her.

"Yes sir," Ronnie replied sarcastically.

Richie shook his head to himself and then looked down at Allison. 

"Allison," he whispered as he stroked her hair to wake her gently, "We're here,"

"Mmm?" she mumbled back.

"We're at the hotel, we need to check in."

"Hotel?" she finally opened her eyes to realize the position she was in, practically intertwined around Richie's body. She quickly snapped away from him in embarrassment. "Oh my God, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," he waved his hand to brush off her apology, "I didn't mind it at all." 

She stretched her arms and looked around the limo. "I was out for the entire ride?"

"Yeah,"

"Sleeping on you the entire time?"

"Like I said, I didn't mind at all," he smiled and before he could stop himself, he brought up his hand to stroke her cheek, "Is that the beginning of a blush I see or is it just hot in here,"

She rolled her eyes, "It's just hot in here." 

Not wanting the conversation to progress any further, she all too quickly turned away from him and stepped out of the limo.

"So," she said as she stood beside the limo, pausing to stretch again, "This is it. It's a beautiful hotel."

Richie stepped out of the limo to join her, he stood next to her and put his hand on the small of her back. "The boys will get our belongings, let's go check in."

Allison obeyed and allowed Richie to guide her through the lobby.

"Oh my God," Allison exclaimed.

Richie followed her eyes to a display of diamond necklaces and earrings behind a velvet rope with a sign overhead that read "Join us for this years Jewelry Auction The Finery Of Jewelry. Sponsored this year by the Galapo Foundation."

"Mhm. That's our target," Richie whispered low in Allison's ear, sending chills of excitement down her spine.

"Then I suppose that's your good friend Marco Galapo?" 

Allison motioned at a very well dressed man standing by the display shaking hands with who looked to be rich and important people and their wives.

"It appears so. Why don't we make our attendance known, shall we?"

"Wh-Do you think that's a good idea? I mean shouldn't we lay low or something, keep a low profile, that sort of thing?"

Richie let out a soft laugh, "Absolutely not, on the contrary, we need to deter any kind of suspicion. And me not greeting Marco and introducing my fiancee would be a bit of a red flag. But making a scene isn't, so try and look as in love as possible." 

She nodded never taking her eyes off of Marco, mentally imagining herself getting caught in the act.

"However hard that may be for you to pretend with me," Richie's words snapped her attention back to him.

She looked up as he towered above her looking down at her. There was a bit of darkness in his eyes, and in those words she'd detected some kind of emotion but her mind had to have made it up, sorrow? Instead of overthinking it, she looked away and smiled.

"I'll be a good girl, don't you worry."

Those words made Richie's eyes widen unbeknownst to her. A good girl. Jesus he wanted to see just how good she'd be, otherwise he'd make her. Richie shook his head before another distasteful thought entered his mind, he needed to be on point for this. Silently he composed himself, and began walking with Ali by his side towards Marco.

When he was a few feet away, Marco's eyes met his and a smile flashed across his face. Richie braced himself for all the acting he was going to need to do for the week that started now.