Chapter 5 Part 3

"Well that was fast," Ricky and Ronnie were sitting in the van  with the door open eating a bar of snickers.

"Did you guys find anything for yourselves?" Richie asked his younger brothers.

"Yea we made due," Ronnie answered, "How about your fiancee?" he asked looking at Allison.

"Yea, I got an absurdly expensive dress. Your brother is a psychopath."

"What else is new," Ricky muttered. 

"I still think it's too much," Allison protested.

"What's she complaining about?" Ronnie directed towards Richie.

"Three thousand dollar dress," Richie smirked at Ronnie.

"Oh that's nothing, Allison get over it."

Allison rolled her eyes at Ronnie and then turned to Richie. "If we're all done making fun of the newbie, can we go now?"

"Get in," Ronnie smiled at her, amused by her annoyance. 

Entering the car, Allison took her spot in the passenger seat as Richie made his way into the drivers seat and turned on the car, slowly pulling out of the parking lot. Richie pulled out his phone and gave it to Allison.

"Do me a favor, put the address into the GPS." he requested.

"What is this?" she asked as she began entering it into the system.

"The hotel the auction's being held at."

"Did you make reservations yet?"

"Yea, they had very few suites left; we got lucky."

"We didn't need suites we could have gotten regular rooms." 

The boys all snickered in the back. 

"When you have the money, you can get the expensive stuff," Ronnie explained.

"Especially when we're trying to show that we can afford a jewelry auction, we can't have people questioning why we got basic rooms instead of deluxe suites." Ricky added.

"You want to put up as much of a show as you possibly can," Richie finished.

"Well, I suppose I'm just not used to this lavish lifestyle of youse guys." Allison snapped sarcastingly, clearly annoyed at their subtle teasing. 

"Hey we're not trying to be mean," Ricky defended him and his brothers.

"We're only kidding around with you Allie," Ronnie offered.

"Yea besides, it's sweet the way you think, shows real character." came from Richie.

"Whatever," Allison tried to hide a smile that was creeping it's way onto her face. "Alright here we go, Millen-Millennium? Millennium hotel?"

"Don't start," Richie predicted her next words.

"I'm just saying, it's a lot."

Now Richie reached over to cover her left hand with his right hand and looked at her. "Just enjoy it Allison. Know how to have a good time when it's basically handed to you. We're gonna have great next few days."

Allison looked at the smile on Richie's face, to the one the boys had in the back and then to the front of the road, "Alright, I'll enjoy it while I can." She sat back and smiled too.

*                               *                         *