Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

Hajia didn't take it easy on modibbo considering what he has done to them years back , she told him that she won't let him make her son's life miserable as he had made hers and that of late Abba so he either back off or she will do whatever it takes to prevent that from happening , she went to the prospective brides's home and informed her parents that her son is not interested and if they give their daughter off it's as good as they have given her out to a ghost. They  showed her the gifts modibbo used to bring in the guise that it's from Taseer, she told them the truth and left feeling proud that she stood for her son , I am proud of her too like I felt like giving her a bone crushing hug and a high five, she made me love her more if that is even possible .The way some people think is so absurd.

" Hajia has always been both my father and mother and I am so proud of the strong woman my momma is " Taseer said while massaging my swollen and aching legs.
" Alhamdulillah for the gift of parents like Hajia , I thought she is going to beg him fah not knowing that she will rain down hell on him "
" He deserves it, the thing that annoy me most is the gifts he used to send , so all the money I've been sending for his upkeep he's using to ruin my life "
"In his defence he's using it to make you more of a man than the type wrapped around the fingers of one woman " I winked.
" I wonder what he's going to say , if he see us like this , maybe he will call malams  to pray for me" we cracked up laughing so hard .
" Am done mi lady now is my turn " .
" Aswear am tired hun, but what to do ?I have to, come and sit here " I patted a space beside me .He sat and put his head on my laps and I massaged his curls with coconut oil .
" I miss you doing this in the hospital " He sighed .
" You have no idea, I wish we can turn back time and spend more days there ,the difference should be that you're hale and hearty "
" Remember the time you kissed me under the moonlight in the balcony "
" Remember the time we played with cake and made a mess and the cleaners expression " I said .
" Ahh I can still hear her screams, that  woman has a loud voice " he squeezed his face .He started tracing lines on my face while I closed my eyes ,enjoying the warmth of his touch .
" I love you "he said huskily .

"  I love you too ,more than life itself " I whispered
" Allah ya saukeki lafiya " he said putting his head directly to my tummy and just then the baby kicked ,it wasn't the first time so we laughed it off saying that even the little unborn cutie knows that momma and dadda are so much in love .

I called simran a while later to check up on Sadiq and the poor thing burst into tears .
" ha'an what is it ,don't tell me you're crying because Abu won't stop crying ,I can't hear any sound apart from your sniffs "
" This baby will be the end of me manalie , I just  managed to put him to sleep, he has been wailing endlessly and I don't know what to do, I didn't even sleep a wink yesterday and now this , Ameer should come and carry his son aswear he will make me go crazy if care is not taken " the way she's explaining as if it's the worst predicament made me laugh out loud to her annoyance ." For Allah's sake chill simran ,maybe something is wrong with him and that's exactly the way Mama battled with you , Jiddah had warned you didn't she ?so welcome to the club " I said in between laughter .
" God will punish you Manal, dadin abun kema koh yau ko gobe, then I will laugh till I laugh tire "
" oho dai ,Ammy said I was a good baby and it's kama tudinu tudan " She hissed and cut the call making me laugh more.

I was at home in the living room sipping tea when I felt a dull ache in my abdomen , I tried to ignore it but before I knew it ,it escalated and I didn't know when I shouted for Ammy .I heard her faintly when she was calling for the driver ,and Taseer came in just in time to pick me up repeating prayers I can't decipher .I was in so much pain while Ammy kept saying Sannu and repeating du'as the only thing I was able to wail is la'ilaha illallahu muhammadur rasulillah inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.  It was that time that I value Ammy most, so this is what she went through while bringing me into this world ? I was wheeled into the emergency with Taseer and Ammy following closely behind .

MUNTASEER

Those two hours in the waiting room were the worst hours of my life ,darn the stupid hospital policy I wasn't allowed to go into the delivery room with Manal, I promised to be with her and right in front of her they made me break that promise , It was Allah's will that we managed to arrive the hospital on time and safely, I wasn't even thinking well ,all I can think and concentrate on is her cries for help .
" Muntaseer, take a seat ,in shaa Allah all will be well " Ammy said even though I can see right through her she's also nervous .
Hajia rushed in trailing behind her was Aminah  followed by Abby.
" How's she ?" They asked in unison and Ammy shrugged saying we don't know anything yet .I kept praying inwardly , asking Allah azza wa jaal to grant her safe delivery ,to keep  them both cuz by Allah I can't bear to loose any of them .After what seemed like forever ,the Dr came out removing his gloves with a smile gracing his lips .Congratulations It's a boy ,you can go in after the nurses clean them up . I bowed down in sujood unable to hide my excitement, sweet tears of gratitude trailed down my cheeks , Abby, Ammy , Hajia and Aminah all said Alhamdulillah congratulating me and each other , I felt like barging into the room, I just want to see the best gift and the woman who gave birth to it . The nurse came out smiling and before she opened her mouth to say anything ,I barged into the room while the elders waited outside maybe to give us some privacy , whatever it is.  I don't care I just have to see them then I will feel shy later .
I saw the most beautiful sight in front of me , Manal holding our baby ,looking at the little bundle of blessings with awe and so much love which made something swell in my heart, I can swear that it is the happiest moment in my life .
" Assalamu Alaikum umm-muhammad " I greeted with a smile.
" Wa'alaikassalam Abu- Muhammad " she answered weakly .
" Thank you ,Thank you so much Manal for this gift ,may Allah grant you with a home in jannah, you make me the happiest, Allah albarkaci rayuwan Muhammad and ya bamu ikon bashi tarbiyyah in accordance with the teachings of Islam " I said taking the fragile little champ from her arms .She said Amin inaudibly maybe it's the drugs that are taking a toll on her or the exhaustion. I went out with the baby in my arms and Abby gave me the dates and zam zam. I did the khutbah according to the dictates of Islam and passed the baby to them. All of them awwing and cooing at how cute the baby is, Hajia cried thanking Allah over and over again .

🌹

Welcome to the world Muhammad  Muntaseer Muhammad, i know that the chapter is dry please blame me not dearies, I've never seen a woman in labour  neither seen the joy of a father at the hospital , I was there once when my brother was born but the party was over when I got there .Next week suna abeg come with loads of baby clothes and atamfa for za mother .Su Arrogant Manalie anyi da toh shi Muhammadu Allah sa dai bazai taba halin gyatuma bah ....
See ya in the last chappie can't wait to finish this off and start with Burnt Embers .
Yours Manalie's midwife
Humeelashi .