Chapter Twenty Two

Dedicated  to Humayrah_Gurama for being the best reader that makes my day everyday  ,for the love and support and for just  being awesome.

We had lots of fun and went shopping like we are shipping the whole of a mart to Nigeria , everyone got a present and I  bought a wedding gift for Jiddah, ,she was super angry at me for not been there  on her big day but Simran managed to make her see to reason and we are cool now .I spotted Taseer rummaging through baby clothes and he looked so cute ." Who are you buying baby clothes for ?" I asked and he gave me the  are you kidding me look .
" For our upcoming baby of course " He stated not even looking at my direction.
" I am not pregnant Taseer"
" yeah you're not ,but you'll soon be , besides we aren't coming back here in the nearest future ,so let's make use of this chance before its too late, what do you think about this dress ?" He asked raising a cute princess like dress and I couldn't help but  smile even though my mind is in shambles .
" yeah it's cute" with that I joined him in picking out cute unisex baby wears and it filled my heart with so much happiness and a gutt wrenching sadness deep within. This gesture shows how much Taseer wants to have kids but as we all tell each other , we should be patient and pray for the best .After buying lots of baby clothes and other things like some cute flower vases,Taseer is trying to keep his promise on that one and some kitchen utensils plus cute wallpapers and many other things , we left the mall hand in hand ,with no care in the world just enjoying each  other's company and looking forward to going home .
"Yahsalam ,Taseer let's go back , we forgot about an important person ,we didn't buy anything for modibbo " I said urging him to turn around .
" You forgot dai ,but I bought a lot of things for my poor old man " he said smiling .
" That's not fair hun , I have to buy something for him too, what will he think of me when you we get there and I will be looking at him , smiling like a Cheshire cat not giving him a single thing? " I whined .
"Calm down tigress, I bought something for him on your behalf if that's what you're making a fuss about , besides what's mine is yours and am not going to meet him and be like " modibbo this Is from me , my wife did not get anything for you " take a chill pill love " I burst out laughing at his dramatic gesture and he smiled at me .
" Sometimes you amaze me Manal, one moment you're all river Niger on me , another moment you will look like you're trying to murder anything that comes close to you and another one you're all happy and everything is honky dory " I gave him a playful glare and squeezed my face like I  am going to cry.
" I take God beg you Pumpkin don't cry" he begged and I winked at him .
" So you care about my tears huh ?" I asked and he gave me the you're not even  serious look .
" So it was an act to see how much I care about those crocodile tears of yours huh ?I will punish you Hayatee just wait till we get home " with that we kept talking and making fun of each other till we reached home. Taseer insisted that I should cook for us ,saying he is also tired of all those weird looking and tasting dishes, I laughed at that saying that he seem to love the dishes. "  It's an act , I don't wanna be rude to our generous hosts " he scrunched his nose and I ruffled his hair saying it's alright he is going to put some Nigerian food into his belly tonight .
I took out all the ingredients and went to work ,the servants offered to help but I dismissed them ,saying I'll like to be alone and do my thing , besides I need some privacy in the huge kitchen which is ten times the size of our kitchen at home . I made a liver sauce with cous cous , fried macaroni with cheese and pineapple and guava drink .I made a raisin and strawberry cake , admiring my handwork and smiling to myself ,I pouted wishing I can find hibiscus leaves to make zobo drink , I've missed it and I took my phone and texted Simran telling her to make sure she comes to the airport with loads of mama's specially made zobo drink , the reply came in instantly like she's clinging to her phone ,waiting for me to text her .'Zobo drink in exchange for a good news ,you know what I mean ' I scoffed at that ,and continue arranging the dishes , I called one of the maids and headed to my room ,to take a shower and wait for Taseer's arrival, he went out with Muhammad to only God knows where and Aminah left for the office since morning, its a bit chilly so I wore warm clothes with a beige colored Cardigan to match the clothes and lay down to  rest for a while, going through my pictures and smiling at how cute we look together. I was awakened with a soft kiss to my forehead, at first it felt like a dream but I slowly opened my eyes to be met with the most beautiful black orbs. I yawned and stretch saying lailaha illallahu mahummadu rasulullah sallal lahu alaihi wasalam.
"sorry noory I did not know when you came back ,lemme freshen up a bit so that we can have dinner " I said scatching my eyes trying to clear the haze .
" You must be tired babe, I was welcomed with a sweet aroma of Nigerian food all thanks to you , hurry up let's pray first it's already time for maghrib".I came out to see that he had already spread the mats for us and he was reading the adhkar book.We prayed the salah and recited suratul Najm before heading to the table. Aminah  and Muhammad  couldn't  stop complimenting the food and the oga at the top was just chewing  his food quitely,  when I  gave him a look asking whether  the food is okay, he just gave me a thumbs up and blew me a kiss,  Taseer is so shameless  sometimes  I  used to wonder  whether he has a double personality.