"I don't want to live like this, not with you."

Milokan bit his lip to stop himself from getting closer.

"We need answers. I am prepared to find Sally and question what she knows."

"Why don't you ask your elder angels?"

"I cannot get in touch with them, it is not that simple."

"Because you're a low ranked angel, pathetic." As soon as the words left his mouth, a sharp pain of guilt split through his sternum. The sadness in the angel's eyes was unbearable. "I can't insult you now that we're bonded? Great."

"Please do not make this difficult for me." Milokan showed his wings and avoided making eye contact. "Let us go back to Sally. You can kill her if she does not help us."

"I don't need your approval, I'm killing her no matter what she says."

* * * * *

After searching the entire warehouse, Sally retreated to her bosses office, still fearing that she would bump into the demon.

"Look." Her boss then showed footage of the supernatural beings disappearing from the corridor next to the room they stood in. "You can stop looking so jittery now, they've gone." He turned and slammed a hand down on the desk. "Dammit Sally, how could you be so careless?"

"With all due respect sir, I-"

"No, I don't want to hear it. I don't care that you're injured, you should have taken care of this situation, not played the victim because you got cocky."

Sally felt embarrassed; her red cheeks exposing her.

"What would you like me to do about it?" Her voice now quiet and respectful.

"I would like you to find them and get them-" A loud thud against the door paused his words. They turned like they expected to see through the wood.

Milokan was not used to following demon's when using his wings. Following Kaiden was hard because he transported much slower than him so his landing was overreached and too eager, causing him to fall into the door.

Kaiden rolled his eyes and marched over. Pushing him aside, he ignored the flutter of his heart when his cold hand touch his warm skin. There was a constant pulsation of feelings flowing between them and it was irritatingly distracting.

"Just let me deal with it," He grumbled. They both did their best to avoid each other's eyes. Kaiden then wasted no time as he lifted his boot and kicked the door, cracking the wood and breaking off the metal hinges.

Sally and her boss gasped and jumped back, avoiding the heavy door as it landed flat against the concrete. The demon liked to make an entrance as a sinister grin invaded his lips.

"Angel, go stand at the other door."

Of course, without looking at each other, Milokan walked around the startled humans and guarded the door. He was stronger than them without injuries and technology to take away his strength.

"W-What are you doing back? You had a break for freedom," The man in the suit gulped his pride and coward in the presence of the demon.

"Not so tough now that I'm not chained to a wall are you?" Kaiden was going to have a lot of fun toying with them. They have been a huge inconvenience to his day. "And we want answers. You know too much, tell us everything the angels have told you."

"Now, let's make a bargain here-"

"SHUT UP!" Roared the demon, eyes full of venom. "You deserve nothing!" The angel admired his confidence. "I had a job to do, and you took me from my duty, held me against my will and kept valuable information from me. How dare you ask for anything."