Chapter 32 // Explanations

ابدأ من البداية

Calum pressed his lips against my forehead that was going to be dripping in sweat if we stayed out in the burning sunlight any longer. "Alright. You can tell me anything, Ad."

I interlaced our fingers together as I dragged him back inside our house. His big smile had decreased and his eyebrows seemed to be furred together in concern, his big brown eyes glimpsing down at me and inspecting my every moment. He was undoubtedly nervous but it couldn't be as bad as my nerves on revealing this information with him.

"My mom called me last night," I started, swallowing a lump in my throat with a big gulp. Calum nodded to show he was listening, but all it really did was convey a worried feeling. "She um, she's making me come home."

His lips were pursed tightly together before he chuckled. "Addy, don't even joke around about that. I know you're kidding."

"I wish I was," I said quietly while glancing down, afraid to make eye contact and view his heartbroken expression. "I've tried everything. She won't let me stay."

"You're nineteen! That's bullshit!" Calum screamed, leaping out of my kitchen chair with his jaw clenched tightly together. "Addy, she can't make you come home! You're a legal adult!"

I chewed on my bottom lip. I hated seeing him so worked up over this. "She technically can't, but my mother said if I don't come home my family will never speak to me again. You know I love you Calum but I can't just be shunned from the family."

"Adelaide," Calum whined, sucking in a deep breath, while still managing to shake his head rapidly back and forth. "When, when do you leave?"

I sighed again, exhaling so deeply that my chest felt as if it was going to cave in. "Next week."

"No!" Calum screeched, throwing his hands up in the hair in frustration. He threw all of the papers that were resting on my countertop onto the floor. His hand curled into a deep fist. "No! You can't leave, Addy! How do you expect me to live without you?"

I opened my mouth to speak but I was silenced by Calum gripping the ceramic mug that I was sipping my coffee out of this morning. He chucked it against my wall and I shuddered at the sound of the glass shattering into pieces and collapsing onto my floor with a heavy thud. I jumped back to shield myself from any pieces bouncing up and hitting me. "Calum!" I shrieked, just before he went to grasp another cup. I folded my hand over his to get him to stop, but his eyes were dark and omnious. It reminded me of the bitter Calum that I first encountered when I moved in, who screamed at me for being in the house. "Calum, stop. Let's talk about this."

He glared at me, shaking out of my grip on his hand. He dropped the other cup and the sound pierced through my eardrums. "You're not even upset! How can you be so calm? Do you not realize what this means?"

"Please don't yell at me," I squeaked out, sounding like a little mouse because I was intimidated by his behavior. "I am really upset too. The thought of not being with you everyday kills me. But breaking my cups isn't going to fix anything."

"What is going to fix this, Ad? You're moving across the planet! I'm not going to be able to see you! I'm not going to be able to see my baby, oh my God. Addy, you can't leave me," He whimpered, his brown eyes starting to become glassy as the initial anger began to wear off.

I placed my hands on his biceps, delicately stroking his arms to providesome sense of comfort. "Trust me, I don't want to leave. I was thinking that you could maybe come stay with me for awhile though. I mean, even though you are considered innocent now people are still going to judge you. You could come to America and all of your history would be forgotten. You can start fresh and live with me."

Calum rolled his eyes at me. "No, Ad. That's not fair. You're not able to leave your family but I would have to leave mine and my friends to move with you? No. You're just not moving back. I won't let it happen."

I sighed even louder. His attitude didn't surprise me, but I wish there was a way we could figure this out without yelling at each other. "I have to, Calum. This whole Australia thing was supposed to be temporary from the start. I didn't expect to fall in love."

"Neither did I," Calum huffed, beginning to stroll towards my front door with that same pissed off look covering every inch of my face. "I didn't expect for it to break my heart so much at the thought of you leaving either, but I guess we're both pretty clueless, aren't we?"

"Cal," I called out weakly, when his hand reached out for the doorknob and twisted it slightly. "Please don't leave. We have to figure something out."

He pounded his fists against the door, the sound of the banging metal echoing throughout my current home. I flinched. "No, Adelaide. Don't you dare beg me to stay right now. I need to be alone for a bit before I explode."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note: ok sorry this is short the chapters are probably going to be shorter cause i'm trying to make this story as long as possible since i really don't want it to end i love it too much but all good things must come to an end eventually, right?

thank you guys again for all of your support you're literally some of the nicest people ive ever talked to and if you havent talked to me before just send me a message i always respond asap and im literally just a lame fangirl i dont get why people are intimidated by me

enjoy the gif of angry calum on the side bc calum is angry with addy at the moment but like who isnt mad at her shes gotta leave her bae

dedicated to awkwardluke because she said "i read this whole story story in less than 24 hours and its the best god dam calum fanfic ive ever read" like omg what im blushing

love all of u, hope u have a good day sugarplums sorry for being slow with updates lately

PS THANKS FOR 300K READS ALREADY THATS INCREDIBLE