Guts

An older man stands on the roof of his R.V. He's wearing a hat against the heat and a rifle slung over his shoulder; a pair of binoculars is in his left hand. He stands guard surrounded by wilderness but just over on the horizon the tops of Atlanta's skyscrapers can be seen. The roof has been set up with a couple of camp chairs, an umbrella and a cooler. Just past the R.V. on the other side of the hill is an abandoned rock quarry.

(Birds chirping)

Child:  Mom! Right here.

"Fetus" Sophia whispered in my ear and I shoved her playfully

"Wait till we see you!" I laughed

(Pots rattling)

The camp is busy with people. One man carries a water jug, another plays a solitary card game. Amy walks through the camp carrying a red bucket past Jim and a woman whose hanging laundry. She brings it to a campfire where Lori is busy cooking.

Lori:  Any luck?

Amy:  How do we tell if they're poison?

She pours some mushrooms into a pan Lori has held out. Looking at them closely she hands a spoon to Amy.

Lori:  Uh, there's only one sure way I know of.

"How did you survive"

"Made ed eat them"

Amy:  Ask Shane when he gets back?

Amy stirs the food cooking over the fire.

Lori:  Yeah, you've got it. Thank you.

Lori picks up the now empty bucket. She calls up to the man on the R.V. roof.

Lori:  Dale, I'm heading out. [To Carl] Sweetheart I want you to stay where Dale can see you, okay?

"He's YOUR kid shouldn't you watch him?" Negan thought aloud

Carl:  Yes, Mom.

Carl plays with cars in the dirt by the Peletier's Cherokee.

Dale:  You too. Don't wander too far. Stay within shouting distance. And if you see anything, holler. I'll come running.

Lori (softly):  Yes, Mom.

"I would be so offended if I was this lady's mother" Dwight said

Lori walks out of the camp and into the woods. She looks around for mushrooms or anything edible.

(Leaves rustle)

She looks around at the sound but she doesn't see anything.

(Twig snaps)

(Bird wings flap)

"ITS THE SPOOKS" Lizzie yelled and some people laughed at her child ness

She's nervous. She stops at every sound but she keeps her composure. She walks through the trees.

(Branch snaps)

Lori (Gasps)

(Wings flap)

(Branches snapping)

Lori (Gasps)

Something is startling the birds. She turns and looks all around before concentrating on the direction she thinks the sounds are coming from. She doesn't see any movement. Just as she's about to turn around and begin her mushroom hunt again a hand grabs Lori around the mouth and pulls her to the ground.