Chapter 18

Jolié POV

Off to run a couple of errands. Need me? Call me.

-Jolié ;)

Forever was sleeping ever so peacefully, I could tell by the puddle of drool dancing across his face landing on his cotton pillow. It was like watching a bear in its natural habitat; hibernating.Therefore, I settled on leaving a note instead. There's no telling what would have happen if I had awaken him. But he was so cute all in one.

Errands list:

1. Confront devil (mom)

2. See what's up with Bambi

3. Handle business with Tone

This whole "my father is alive" ordeal was literally eating at me, and there's no other way I could have dealt with this then no other to find out that missing piece of a puzzle. Secondly, Bambi has completely blocked herself from the world including me. I gave her more than enough time to screw her head back on her shoulders. Of course, that's a horrific situation to go through but I at least have the right to know that she's doing fine or is she? And thirdly, my money was running extremely low and the last thing I wanted to do was depend on Forever. On the other hand , I had to hop on that quick.

It was the typical Saturday morning. Even though, it was 7am in the morning, the city seem occupied, like always.

It took me three buses to make it to where I "lived". Yes, of course, I was anxious as fuck, but deep down I really needed to find that missing piece. Basically I've been looking for it my whole life.

Since I was 3 years old, I lived in 20th street apartments, so basically I've been here my whole life. I knew every soul that lived around these parks and every soul that left out, but that necessarily didn't mean I trust any of them. Hell, I barely trust my own mother.

Every step I progressed, my stomach churned even deeper with each step. Making it in front of my building I spotted a group of boys from my school.

ugh.

"These idiots" I thought. They were the usual immature teenage boys whose hormones ran wilder than a lion in Africa. It was like a mission getting past them. Especially this boy name pookie. When we were super young, probably like 5 or 6, we were the best of friends, we did everything together. That all changed when we entered middle school, he started acting funny and I wasn't with that shit. I just cut him off,quick. Somwhere, deep down I knew he liked me. I can't lie I use to like him.

"What's up Jolié baby?" Pookie said licking his lip like a wild animal.

jerk.

"What pookie?" I said annoyed leaning my weight on my left leg.

"Damn, I can't say hey now?

"My point exactly, now excuse me I have somewhere to be" saying nonchantly, pushing him out the way.

Suddenly I endured a tight grip on my right upper arm. "Wait!" he said. "Man, why you acting like that?"

"Acting like what? 'cause last time I checked I wasn't your girl, so you can let go of my arm, like right now" I said furiously.

"Who was that nigga that dropped you off to school the other day?"

Why he cares so much? I questioned.

"Why you worried? plus it's none of your business" I was really becoming annoyed. Dude was acting like he was my dad or something, and it was pissing me off.